1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

See?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by D'Snowth, Sep 6, 2009.

1. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Well, hehe, I could argue that A Very Merry Muppet Christmas was completely off the mark and out of line with their alternative universe scenes. Yes I know it was an alternate universe, but that doesn't mean that's the way it should have been done. Just one friendly viewer opinion. ;)

A forum is allowed to run its fanfics however it likes of course. I'm just saying, a lot of it is opinion. :)
  2. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Of course it's all opinion. Here's mine about VMX: only Scooter was really a surprise. Sam I've always suspected was portrayed as the closeted liberal. Everyone else I can see being that way without Kermit. Even more interesting would be what the cast of Sam and Friends and Sesame Street turned out to be (for any fic writers, that's actually a good idea ... go write it, LOL).

Anyway, not to derail the thread with irrelevancy ....

As long as the author has an idea why they said what they said, I'm usually cool with it. They had to pull the idea out of somewhere, even if it's the most obscure line of dialogue or picture or whatever.
  3. heralde

Yeah and that's totally fine, I just didn't agree with the way they chose to show it. It could have been done differently. But anyway, I guess I'm just saying canon is often a loose term even for the actual product. ;)
  4. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Yeah, particularly Muppets. I can't imagine, say, LOST being that wishy-washy with continuity.

edit:

And you're supposed to not like what happened to the characters. Why would Kermit desperately try to get back to his world if everyone seemed pretty much fine?
  5. heralde

Hehe good point.

Oh I know, I know. I didn't mind that the characters were different and not doing well. I just questioned the taste level of how it was presented. It just seemed very gratuitous. I think it would have been done differently if the movie had been made a few years before.

But not to get too off topic. ;)
  6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Thought one of my posts was deleted. Nevermind. However, the retitling of existing threads lately makes it confusing. A light touch is always the best solution. :wisdom:
  7. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Thanks, Heralde. You got my point across for me. ;)
  8. heralde

Well I agree about fanfics writers doing research. But I do also agree with Frogboy's point. We write about relationships not in the movies or TV show all the time. I don't think Frogboy's idea is so far out. :)