1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

See?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by D'Snowth, Sep 6, 2009.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Then we'll just have to find some way to prevent that from happening, won't we?
  2. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

yet? lol
  3. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

*runs in waving hat around* Hiya! Hiya! Hiya! What do you call the person who totes Marjory the Trash Heap around in her limousine? Ah, ah? Give up? The PILEdriver! Ahhhhh! Wocka! Wocka!
  4. Luke

Luke Active Member

Hahahahaha Funneeeeeeee :o
  5. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I disagree!
  6. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

*waiting for mod to close thread*

okay. so maybe not EVERY disagreement.
  7. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

*sniggering* I think you are just about right though, Nick!
  8. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

have any more threads been closed recently?
  9. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

I haven't noticed that happening lately. Maybe we are getting through here.
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I think we've made a little progress. That's what I'll bring from this. :coy:
  11. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

If a thread is killed, and no one is there to watch it die, was it really killed?

The answer is yes because Snowth filed the paperwork on it and I have a copy on my desk!
  12. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Hmm...I don't read the fanfics.

I do know that one of the rules of fanfics set forth in the beginning was that the characters must maintain the same integrity in the stories that we've all come to know and love.

While fanfics are basically one fan's way of living out a fantasy story, when posted here it should follow the rules of character integrity. I don't see a character doing that on the show or movies, and therefore should not do it in a fanfic.
  13. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I understand what you mean by staying true to the character. But....aren't there fanfics where two characters have some kind of relationship (romantic or otherwise) that is never shown in the movies or TV shows?

For instance two characters who never spoke to each other in the movies or show suddenly having deep conversations with each other in fanfics.

I mean fan fics by their nature are meant to tell new stories, and they can't be too much exactly like the real thing or no one would read them.
  14. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I stand by all mine :D
  15. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Well-Known Member

Ditto, Kelly. :3
  16. RedPiggy

I try really hard to be in character. Yes, some relationships don't exist in canon ... but ... well ... they're extrapolated off of their canon characterizations. Moulin was a bookish water elemental more interested in dancing with the female Moppet than Toby. Rachel was, well, bitter about dreams for some reason. I merged the two's issues. So, it's based off canon, even if the relationship itself isn't.
  17. heralde

Well that's what I mean though, we create new relationships in fanfics all the time. How do we know which ones are more canon than others? (not to single you out or anything, just as an example).
  18. RedPiggy

Well, I, for one, went way overboard and provided links to either Wiki or youtube where needed. My Comeback King Saga did that for the first three acts. That way, since it relies heavily on crossover, people can get at least a general idea. Of course, if a reviewer (like more than a couple exist, LOL), has a question, I'm more than happy to answer it, such as where I got a certain idea. I do a LOT of research and RP'ing in my head before I write something. I like to be ready and able to justify any of my ideas.
  19. heralde

Oh yeah it's great when fanfic writers do their research, there's nothing worse than a fanfic that's totally out of character. I think more fanfic writers should do research first. It's just that again, we create new situations and relationships in fan fics all the time. :)
  20. RedPiggy

Then the question should be "is there anything to justify that opinion"? Making a major character ... unusually presented ... is different than making up a third-tier character that barely had any canon development (see: Zoot/Lips). I'm far more forgiving of deepening the third-tier, etc folks than I am the first-tier. After all, it's not our fault the officials didn't bother to give characters much personality or reason for being.