The New Movie: The Muppets

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well I'll grant that perhaps fans should realize that an attempt to do a new film for any franchise, so many years later, is hit and miss at best. It's nice to imagine the perfect film comeback, but it's a lot more difficult than it sounds. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yes, but I'm specifically talking about fans who WANT those movies. There are quite a bit that find the movies speak for themselves with no sequel, prequel, or whatever. There are a lot of them that just ignore new films because they already feel it just won't be the same.

I mean the ones that get super duper excited about something and have high hopes to whatever fan fic idea the movie's going to have and be completely disappointed by them.

That said, the WORST ones are from franchises that aren't controlled by the same directors and writers. And the worst of the worst are sequels where in the original concept, be it a book or a comic book or whatever and they completely ignore it to make something kiddy and terrible. I'm looking at YOU, Son of the Mask, Jungle Book 2.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
And the worst of the worst are sequels where in the original concept, be it a book or a comic book or whatever and they completely ignore it to make something kiddy and terrible. I'm looking at YOU, Son of the Mask, Jungle Book 2.
Secret of NIMH 2. :wink:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Secret of NIMH 2. :wink:
Well at least MGM wasn't dumb enough to give that insane movie a theatrical release. I don't think I'd be able to bear Eric Idle as evil Martin on a big movie screen in surround sound... I can barely stand it in the Nostalgia Critic's review! :smile:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
So what would it be? A sequel to a classic movie franchise that isn't quite as good as the originals but still relatively decent, or sitting on their thumbs whining that there ISN'T a sequel? Really, IF Ghostbusters 3 gets off the ground, they're gonna complain that it's been made, if it doesn't, they'll whine that it doesn't.
I dug the video game. That was good enough for me. :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Facepalm... WHY do I keep getting those two mixed up every fifth time I mention them? I swear... every so often I accidentally say Keenan when I mean Kel. I KNOW I meant Kel, but I say Keenan every so often. AAARRGH!

And he keeps P&Ming about how he's in bad movies. Well, he's GOOD in bad movies... and I still think Indie 4 didn't deserve half the crap it got. It's like, COME ONE and Make Ghostbusters 3 so we can say how terrible it was already. :rolleyes:
Shia seems like a very kind, likeable fellow. I love how he openly dissed on TFROTF(or "Bayformers 2") and Indy 4. I almost wanted to walk out of both, and it's nice to hear him speak his mind.

Like everyone else, I'd love a third Ghostbusters. I mean if they can make a new Tron film after 3 decades, I guess anything is possible. Though for now, the closest we'll get is that scene from Zombieland.

I used to dislike the "new team" concept, but I could groove with a new sort of ghostbusters. Maybe Zach Gallifawhatshisname, Jack Black, Seth Rogen and Kal Penn. Or Ed Helms.

beaker

Reaction score
HERE IS A MUPPET NEWSFLASH...

Filming is finished! As of yesterday February 11, the filming of The Muppets is finished! I hope this means a trailer isn't too far off! :smile:
Interesting...seems like filming just began, but I forgot that this is a non cg filled film that started principal in November. So that sounds about right. Aside from some additional pickups, that sounds accurate. I'd probably go see a movie just to see the teaser for it:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Like everyone else, I'd love a third Ghostbusters. I mean if they can make a new Tron film after 3 decades, I guess anything is possible. Though for now, the closest we'll get is that scene from Zombieland.

I used to dislike the "new team" concept, but I could groove with a new sort of ghostbusters. Maybe Zach Gallifawhatshisname, Jack Black, Seth Rogen and Kal Penn. Or Ed Helms.
Yeah, then everyone's gonna say how much it sucked after egging them on. I've seen it too many times. Same deal with Tron 2. Really. You either WANT the sequels or you don't.

Puckrox

Reaction score

I don't mind the idea of the new team quite as much, so long as Aykroyd, Ramis, Murray, and Hudson are there (along with Potts and Weaver). As for the new team, I'd love to see Ed Helms and Zach Galifinakis too. And Bill Hader (man doesn't get enough credit). And, y'know what? If they bring in a new team, I'd love it if there were a, hmmm, I dunno, female ghostbuster? I think that'd be pretty awesome.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Murray refuses to do it. I LOVE Bill Murray, but he's in his insufferable "I'm an artist that's so artistic that i don't even have to do anything anymore" phase.

I just wanted them to do the animated movie they planned on... and if they can't get the guys from the movie, call up Maurice LaMarche, Frank Welker, Dave Coulier, and Arsenio Hall (or that other guy) and do it with them.

I don't want to play a video game I'd probably suck at to see a sequel.