Kermit at the MTV Video Music Awards

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
but it's still... not Kermit. I mean, the timing was off, the way he held himself looked off, and he could barely compose a sentence. This is coming off as very harsh, and I'm sure it's incredibly difficult to improvise while hidden in a crate and raising your arm above your head and thinking about all the other things a Muppeteer has to think of... but that's why only the most seasoned professionals are given roles as large as Kermit. There's more to him than just his voice.
I know what you mean about seeming rough, but still I really liked it, I wouldn't mind seeing this again. It wasn't just the voice that felt right; the vibe was just on somehow.

I'm not comparing performers or anything, they're all professionals. Just saying it did sort of feel like hearing Jim again.

muppets2

Reaction score
I know what you mean about seeming rough, but still I really liked it, I wouldn't mind seeing this again. It wasn't just the voice that felt right; the vibe was just on somehow.

I'm not comparing performers or anything, they're all professionals. Just saying it did sort of feel like hearing Jim again.
I agree i actually kinda liked this kermit (way better than AGT)
It almost sounded like jim but he was a little stiff:smile::eek:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It almost sounded like jim but he was a little stiff:smile::eek:
Yeah I understand, well you know, I remember seeing one of Steve's first performances as Kermit in the early '90s and it was kind of stiff at times. It takes awhile to develop these things.

This Kermit at the VMA's did impress me though. :smile:

muppets2

Reaction score
Yeah, well you know, I remember seeing one of Steve's first performances as Kermit in the early '90s and it was kind of stiff at times. It takes awhile to develop these things.

This Kermit at the VMA's did impress me though. :smile:
Yea i no it was just a huge improvement from AGT and he was pretty good (other than he was lady gaga's date)LOL

He really impressed me not like AGT

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yea i know it was just a huge improvement from AGT and he was pretty good (other than he was lady gaga's date)LOL
Huh, interesting! I didn't see the AGT one so I can't comment. But this is all quite intriguing really! :insatiable:

muppets2

Reaction score
there is a link to the video in muppets on AGT thread or something like that

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Ok, now I've seen it and can comment!

I can actually see what both sides are saying. This performance was a bit rougher, needs polishing. I think also because it was singing, not talking.

But I can also totally see where the performer is going with this. It does remind me of early Kermit, like back when Jim sang "Bein Green" in that stilted, quirky way.

So, sorry guys, but I did find some promise in this guy's performance.

Again, I do hope Steve is OK and all. I'm not comparing performers. We couldn't do what they do after all. :smile:

muppets2

Reaction score
yes it was okay but im just saying that he improved by the time he got to the mtv music awards:smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
yes it was okay but im just saying that he improved by the time he got to the mtv music awards:smile:
I think part of the difficulty might have been that this was singing. The MTV clip is just talking and it sounded better.

muppets2

Reaction score
I think part of the difficulty might have been that this was singing. The MTV clip is just talking and it sounded better.
But he did talk when he handed the cd to the guy but i do admit it would of sounded better if he was talking. :smile: