Kermit at the MTV Video Music Awards

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But he did talk when he handed the cd to the guy but i do admit it would of sounded better if he was talking. :smile:
Even that sounded like Jim to me, the way he cracked his voice.

Even some of the youtube posters are asking, "Don't you remember how Kermit used to sound? This is it!"

muppets2

Reaction score
yea is voice is old school kermit and it did sound like jim but nothing like steve diffrent puppeters diffrent kermits:smile::smile::smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
nothing like steve diffrent puppeters diffrent kermits
I'll agree with that. :smile:

But then again, with Jim and Steve, different puppeteers, different kermits. Kermit hasn't been "one Kermit" in a long time.

muppets2

Reaction score
I'll agree with that. :smile:

But then again, with Jim and Steve, different puppeteers, different kermits. Kermit hasn't been "one Kermit" in a long time.
yea but with ms piggy its about the same(but frank oz was better) and so he will probably be the new kermit so we'll have to get used to him (unless steve comes back again):smile::mad:

muppets2

Reaction score
True people haven't really critiqued new Piggy performances as much. Only that she was being insulted too much.
yea you have a point i havent heard the new scooter yet is he any good?:wink:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
It doesn't sound like Jim's Kermit to me. It sounds like Rich Little's Kermit (just realized who it reminded me of). I really did not like Rich Little's impersonation either.

Again, Kermit is a very difficult voice to do. What most people think to be Kermit is not. I have done my "Kermit" voice for many, many people, and they all say "That sounds perfect!" when I know for a fact that it does not. I do not hear Kermit when I try to do a Kermit voice. I hear an approximation, an odd impersonation, but not Kermit. That's what I'm hearing here. Rich Little, not Kermit.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
yea you have a point i havent heard the new scooter yet is he any good?:wink:
Well the one in Letters to Santa did a good job with the personality, IMO. I think the voice was more accurate in MWoO. It's a very complex issue! :search:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Again, Kermit is a very difficult voice to do. What most people think to be Kermit is not.
It's just interesting how even on youtube (presumably made up of some non MC members) this debate is going on. Some don't like the performance. Others are saying this is what Kermit used to sound like. I have to agree with the second group.

muppets2

Reaction score
It doesn't sound like Jim's Kermit to me. It sounds like Rich Little's Kermit (just realized who it reminded me of). I really did not like Rich Little's impersonation either.

Again, Kermit is a very difficult voice to do. What most people think to be Kermit is not. I have done my "Kermit" voice for many, many people, and they all say "That sounds perfect!" when I know for a fact that it does not. I do not hear Kermit when I try to do a Kermit voice. I hear an approximation, an odd impersonation, but not Kermit. That's what I'm hearing here. Rich Little, not Kermit.
i said he was kinda like jim (old school not that he sounds like him)