Gonzo doesn't appear on America's Got Talent

dwmckim

Reaction score
But how do we KNOW Gonzo wasn't on? Maybe Disney/Puppet Heap decided to do some more tweaking of the design and we didn't recognize him...

...and all along i thought that puppet that was on earlier was supposed to be TINA TURNER! (or was that Camilla?)

BIGMuppetFan

Reaction score
I am a little upset that he was not on tonight, I was looking forward to seeing him and the chickens! We see kermit, piggy, fozzie, but it's not often that we see just gonzo and the chickens make a public apperence and none of the others, so it would have been a special time to watch and enjoy, but I guess there is some reason that he did not show up and we can still watch him on YouTube, so let's hope everything is ok and let's not forget that we will have gonzo forever on the MS-S4 DVD set cover! It's not a total loss after all! :smile: :wink:

Convincing John

Reaction score
Total wild speculation here, but wouldn't it be great if the core performers were pulling away from performances in support of Steve?
Woah...now that's an interesting theory. If the core Muppeteers had a union instead of working freelance, that'd sound even more plausible.

I totally forgot to tape the show tonight. Oh well, worked out for me, I guess. I'm with DrTooth. next time an appearance comes on, I'll just wait for the YouTube link.

AndyWan Kenobi said:
Extra! Extra! Five people fooled!
(Muppet fans who watched the show): "I think I just made the papers." (honks nose).

Next time an AGT appearance is announced, there's a guaranteed way to have the Muppets on the screen. Next time we get bamboozled and Gonzo, Fozzie or whoever doesn't show up, just be ready with your favorite Muppet DVD and pop it in. Or, if you feel the Muppets have to appear with the AGT people, just Scotch tape some Palisades figures to the screen.:crazy:

Convincing John

Super Scooter

Reaction score
*laughs* I officially love the renaming of this thread.
Although, I think the word "doesn't" should appear in all capitals. Much more effective comedically.

"Gonzo DOESN'T appear on America's Got Talent"

Oh, and Gonzo showed up during Shakira's dance... it's just that nobody noticed. :flirt::flirt::flirt:

Just kidding... sadly.

Jamie, I like your theory. The nobility of Mr. Goelz! It occured to me, though I assume the producers might have overbooked, ran out of time, and just decided since the Muppets were already on once this year, they could bump Gonzo no problem.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Wow! I didn't watch it and it seems like I didn't miss anything. It does make me mad that NBC did that though. That's exactly the same as what they did with when they said Miss Piggy would be on the 'Today' show. At least that appearance they rescheduled. Hopefully, they'll do the same with Gonzo's scheduled appearance.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
That'd be great except I thought that was the season finale of that show. Kinda makes it hard to reschedule.