The Dark Crystal Series for the Cartoon Network

RedPiggy

Reaction score
It's only cool until extra characters are added. Then everyone will say blasphemy. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's only cool until extra characters are added. Then everyone will say blasphemy. :wink:
They ALWAYS add extra characters when it comes to making a cartoon out of a movie. Disney did it with The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, and a whole bunch of others... all the Star Wars cartoons (from Ewoks to Clone Wars) had new characters. It's an inevitability for plot reasons.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I was referencing the dislike of RTL characters on other boards (and, based on my little fanfic survey, it's not like the fantasy worlds are very popular fic-wise ... apparently, you have to be from a swamp or a farm in order to get an audience bigger than a couple).

Unknown Delight

Reaction score
It would be neat if they were able to make this happen. My only concern is that i hope they will manage to keep the awesome ambience alive in a series, and not go the way of so many 'made for tv' adapts and downplay everything to the most common denominator to attract Joe Average to watch it.

I think if done properly, this would be a popular series. I would love to see the world these creatures live in be explored further. That would ROCK!

:scary:

Drtooth

Reaction score
It would be neat if they were able to make this happen. My only concern is that i hope they will manage to keep the awesome ambience alive in a series, and not go the way of so many 'made for tv' adapts and downplay everything to the most common denominator to attract Joe Average to watch it.

I think if done properly, this would be a popular series. I would love to see the world these creatures live in be explored further. That would ROCK!
I have yet to see an incredibly poor adaption (as a TV show) of a movie... I've seen mediocre ones (Dumb and Dumber for example), and some that are actually more memorable than the movies themselves (I'm sorry... I LOVE the Ghostbusters movie and all, but I think the cartoon series had a more significant impact on 80's kids)... but I have never seen a poor one of a good movie.

Poor one of a bad movie (Evolution... even the THEME song was a ripoff of Ghostbusters), maybe.

I'm sure that they have quite a bit to work with, if this project ISN'T the one proposed several years back. Sure, we WILL have to have new characters (for story's sake), but I could easily see this being a very good show if handled properly.