"Wembley's Egg Surprise" on DVD February 9

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Only exciting news out of this is that The Animal Show appears to be coming to DVD. That makes me a happy camper. I'm digging LionsGate over HIT already. :big_grin:

dwmckim

Reaction score
hmmm...it sounds like the Animal Show maybe coming to dvd? that makes me happy!:smile:
Yeah, that was my thoughts on seeing the latest news - everything else was mega-meh but when i saw that bonus feature included that was a rather nifty sign that we may be seeing some kind of release of not only The Animal Show but hopefully some other various neglected properties being brought to dvd.

The only other thing that i'm kind of happy about is that they didn't include the word Easter or holiday or anything like that in the title. It would have essentially been false advertising and all the other issues we've talked about before regarding the whole concept of an Easter Fraggle dvd.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
The only other thing that i'm kind of happy about is that they didn't include the word Easter or holiday or anything like that in the title. It would have essentially been false advertising and all the other issues we've talked about before regarding the whole concept of an Easter Fraggle dvd.
I definitely agree with you there. They handled that issue rather nicely of not directly trying to call it an Easter holiday video- though of course, I'm sure it will be marketed for sale at Easter, but that's to be expected.:cool:
If it gets people interested in Fraggle Rock, cool deal. And if it's an indication that the Animal Show may be headed to DVD, that's really cool news too.:smile:

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
I wasn't an Animal Show fan... but when they start putting Faffner Hall previews i'll jump up and down! I wish Disney would put out Tale of the Bunny Picnic on DVD for Easter!

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I wasn't an Animal Show fan... but when they start putting Faffner Hall previews i'll jump up and down! I wish Disney would put out Tale of the Bunny Picnic on DVD for Easter!
That would certainly be a lot more fitting anyway.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, that was my thoughts on seeing the latest news - everything else was mega-meh but when i saw that bonus feature included that was a rather nifty sign that we may be seeing some kind of release of not only The Animal Show but hopefully some other various neglected properties being brought to dvd.
Considering I don't have any of the season sets yet (mainly because I was toying with just buying the complete series for awhile) I never put any stock into these single DVD best ofs... I mean, after January, we'll have everything including the cartoon. But seeing a preview from that long lost, bad timeslot, Fox Kids series really is something to be perked up about. I agree with whoever said it, but I hope this means we'll see Faffner Hall and other neglected/rare/Europe only shows. If they can get Dog City out there, I'll REALLY be happy.

I wonder if they got any of our complaints and wondered if calling it an "Easter Special DVD" was the right choice. Clearly this is an Easter Basket buy, and not that much else. But if this DVD doesn't have a single Easter Egg on it, EPIC FAIL.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Considering I don't have any of the season sets yet (mainly because I was toying with just buying the complete series for awhile) I never put any stock into these single DVD best ofs... I mean, after January, we'll have everything including the cartoon. But seeing a preview from that long lost, bad timeslot, Fox Kids series really is something to be perked up about. I agree with whoever said it, but I hope this means we'll see Faffner Hall and other neglected/rare/Europe only shows. If they can get Dog City out there, I'll REALLY be happy.

I wonder if they got any of our complaints and wondered if calling it an "Easter Special DVD" was the right choice. Clearly this is an Easter Basket buy, and not that much else. But if this DVD doesn't have a single Easter Egg on it, EPIC FAIL.
I think this sly wink to Easter without using the term is a good move in keeping with the Henson tradition.

I too would like to see Dog City and other Henson properties unearthed on DVD. Maybe they could use those burn-to-disc tactics that are becoming popular these days?

Drtooth

Reaction score
While I like the principle of MOD DVD's, I just don't like the whole fact that you have to order them online and you have to pay a fixed (no discount no competition) price. Otherwise, I woulda got some of those Nicktoons. But if they used that to get some of the rare Jim Henson Productions stuff out there, I'd buy it.

I still think if Stinky and Jake, which is pretty obscure considering where it aired, can get a DVD release of some sort, the animated Dog City should be in season sets... even if it's just the first two. I wonder if they'd have to make a deal with Nelvana, though.

Redsonga

Reaction score
While I know fraggles don't have Easter I would not go as far as say they don't have their own type of religion :smile:. At the very least, they seem to have a culture based around some deep sense of faith like many tribe cultures of Outer Space:excited:. It's not so much an human vs. fraggle world use as more of a living being issue. Even if you worship nothing, faith in yourself and your culture is a type of religion I think...
As far as the DVD itself having the theme of eggs/Spring in place of the 'real meaning', well, that has become the way many easter DVDs/shows have been for a long time now. More Easter Bunny than Easter Easter, but I think that might have something to do with trying to be PC about everything than draw everyone together with deeper meanings...Not that I don't love Easter Bunny stories :3.
If we are doing Spring themes, I'm surprised Toe Tickers isn't on there :confused:

dwmckim

Reaction score
While I know fraggles don't have Easter I would not go as far as say they don't have their own type of religion :smile:. At the very least, they seem to have a culture based around some deep sense of faith like many tribe cultures of Outer Space:excited:. It's not so much an human vs. fraggle world use as more of a living being issue. Even if you worship nothing, faith in yourself and your culture is a type of religion I think...
As far as the DVD itself having the theme of eggs/Spring in place of the 'real meaning', well, that has become the way many easter DVDs/shows have been for a long time now. More Easter Bunny than Easter Easter, but I think that might have something to do with trying to be PC about everything than draw everyone together with deeper meanings...Not that I don't love Easter Bunny stories :3.
If we are doing Spring themes, I'm surprised Toe Tickers isn't on there :confused:
Yes, Easter specials for kids have traditionally been about eggs and bunnies - which is why i really wish there would at some point be an Easter special with the Classic Muppets. They've done more stuff with Christmas than even The Count would have difficulty keeping up with but Easter has been untouched - and Muppet Bunnies are too awesome for words (given how overshadowed they get by the chickens and penguins, they're horribly underrated!) Yeah, i know there was Tale of the Bunny Picnic two decades ago but i don't count that since that was before anyone thought of transplanting Bean over to the Classic Muppet group so at the time it was more comparable to an Emmet Otter type project - a new group based on a book.

Mainly, after Muppets.com, i have wanted so bad to see an Easter special with Animal and Easter Bunnies! I can't get enough of Animal's Bunny Love! Throw in Carl the Big Mean Bunny and you've got Muppet Gold.