"Wembley's Egg Surprise" on DVD February 9

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Yes, Easter specials for kids have traditionally been about eggs and bunnies - which is why i really wish there would at some point be an Easter special with the Classic Muppets.
That would be cool. Unless they did a special similar to the style of John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together, I wouldn't really expect to see anything about Jesus' death and Resurrection (though it would be nice to see it acknowledged in a mainstream show or special, rather than all the various Christian-produced videos of varying quality. Though the Jesus movie, Jesus of Nazareth and The Passion of the Christ have all been pretty well done.)- But it'd be nice to see some mention made in a kids' production.
Anyway, it'd just be nice to see more Muppet TV-movies and specials and such, not necessarily having to deal with holidays, but it would be good to see some other holidays that have not been tackled much, or at all, like say Easter and Valentine's Day, Thanksgiving and maybe even Independence Day, etc.
Something in the vein of "It's The Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown" even would be fun.:insatiable::sing::batty:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Basically, i could care less if it's for Easter, Labor Day, Sweeps Month, or National Cherry Cheesecake Day - i just want an excuse to see more of Animal interacting with bunny rabbits. Despite the comics, LTS, and all the other awesome Muppet stuff from last year, Animal's bunny rabbit schtick is THE BEST Muppet thing to have come from 2008.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Basically, i could care less if it's for Easter, Labor Day, Sweeps Month, or National Cherry Cheesecake Day - i just want an excuse to see more of Animal interacting with bunny rabbits. Despite the comics, LTS, and all the other awesome Muppet stuff from last year, Animal's bunny rabbit schtick is THE BEST Muppet thing to have come from 2008.
It adds an amazing depth to Animal. That little aside Frank Oz' performed Animal dropped in that (unaired Odyssey Channel) interview later used on the Muppet Show DVD provided this dynamic. I wonder what other unaired gems could be unearthed to shape the future of all things Muppetverse.

Foodie

Reaction score
It's the " Fraggle Rock Kwanzaa " that I'm holding out for.
:smirk:+:excited:=:wink: