Sesame Street 40th Anniversary Website

BIGMuppetFan

Reaction score
I am glad they are showing all these classic clips and having people vote for their favorites, This is a great way to keep the spirit of Jim and Sesame Street alive!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I honestly didn't expect the 80s videos to be as hard to choose from this week, but boy was I sorely mistaken, lol....

Interestingly enough, I found most of my favorite clips were Ernie and Bert-related... clips like "That's What Friends are For", "I Don't Wanna Live on the Moon", and "Imagine That" were on The Best of Ernie and Bert, a tape I've had since I was a baby, and yet others like "Do De Rubber Duck" and "I Love This Boat!" I vividly remember from my early childhood as well.

Personally... I ultimately had to go with "I Don't Wanna Live on the Moon"... such a beautiful Muppety song that really hits you in the heart, I think.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Interestingly enough, I found most of my favorite clips were Ernie and Bert-related... clips like "That's What Friends are For", "I Don't Wanna Live on the Moon", and "Imagine That" were on The Best of Ernie and Bert, a tape I've had since I was a baby, and yet others like "Do De Rubber Duck" and "I Love This Boat!" I vividly remember from my early childhood as well.
"Imagine That" wasn't on The Best of Ernie and Bert.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You're right, that one was "Big Bird's Storytime"... that too I've had since I was baby, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This week's videos were easier to choose from, mainly because a lot of these were before my time even, and a few I never saw until the Old School DVDs came out.

While there were a few clips to choose from that I really liked, again, it was easier to choose because there weren't as many that were necessarily "special" to me this week than say for the previous two weeks.

So what did I vote for? Well... Bert teaching Berniece how to play checkers... again, "The Best of Ernie and Bert" tape I've had since a baby... even though some of those clips I've seen since a baby - King of 8, Dollhouse of 2, Humpty Dumpty Newsflash, etc.

Grover actually had me going for a minute after I voted... "Oh, I think you made a bad choice... of course, when I say 'bad', I think I mean 'GOOD'!"

MuppetLabsBoy

Reaction score
Sesame Street has launched a new website for the 40th Anniversary. There are video clips, behind the scenes accounts from the writer of the new book, some really cool desktop wallpapers, and the opportunity to vote for the greatest Sesame Street clip of all-time (complete with a fantastic intro by Grover)!

This is SO cool!

http://www.sesamestreet.org/onair/history
Check out the photo sideshows!:wisdom:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The reason why this week's voting was rather difficult was because this is it - this is the one that's going to earn the title of the best SST moment of all time from the past 40 years.

While I see a lot of my favorites from the past four weeks have made it in the top 40, I knew that my vote had to go to the video that has the most sentimental value to me personally.

I found myself at a tough choice - either "Monster in the Mirror" or "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon"... I've mentioned it before, and I don't have to say it again.

I decided that with all things considered, I had to vote for "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon"... that's not only one of the most beautifully written and beautifully sung SST songs of all time, but one of the best Muppet songs, in general of all time, in my opinion; again, mostly because of sentimental value, but honestly, who among us DOESN'T get the urge to sing that song while gazing up at a bright, full moon on a crystal clear night?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, the top 40 are listed, and the winner is I Love Trash.

Oddly enough, I counted each clip in the top 40 playlist, and there are really only 30 clips there.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm kind of surprised that "I Love Trash" won... I was sure something like "Monster in the Mirror" was going to win, it was holding the number one spot for the longest time.