PM Problems

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Great... As if not receiving any notifications today wasn't bad enough, now I can't access my PM folders. Whenever I click on the Private Messages link, I get a Database Error window/statement. So whoever tried sending me a PM today, please send it through the Send email link on my member profile page instead. Thanks, hope this too gets fixed PDQ. :grouchy:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Whoa, yeah, I just check it out for myself, and yeah I can't get to my inbox either, I get the same database error.

Is this problem with the server, or is Phil doing some minor maintenance at the moment?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Dunno... If it were a case of maintenance, the whole forum would've been locked down until the cleaning was finished. But since we can still post—in spite of not getting notifications regarding replies to our subscribed threads—I'd say it's something else. :confused:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Dunno... If it were a case of maintenance, the whole forum would've been locked down until the cleaning was finished.
Not necessarily - as a forum owner myself (I'm having to do a complete overhaul of the KGZ forum layout right now since Photobucket compressed the graphics, reducing the quality drastically), you can take care of minor problems here and there through out a forum without having to completely lock it down to do so; only in the event of if it was something really big that would disrupt posting would you really have to lock it down.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
So that's why I've only gotten one e-mail today. And this PM thing is driving me crazy right now, because it keeps telling me that I have unread messages, but I can't go see what it's all about.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So that's why I've only gotten one e-mail today. And this PM thing is driving me crazy right now, because it keeps telling me that I have unread messages, but I can't go see what it's all about.
I know how you feel, it's kind of like the opposite effect of that stupid bug/glitch with YouTube where it kept saying you had unread PMs, even though you already read and replied to them.

muppets2

Reaction score
i actually got to read one form the control panel but of course my pm box is 100% full so i cant do anything :stick_out_tongue: :eek:

Skye

Reaction score
What a weird problem. I also wonder why it is happening...

Hope it gets fixed soon!