Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 40

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
But the Sesame Street English Hello Kitty Flash animated versions of Cookie Monster and Elmo (in some cases, the only way Cookie was even on the show) were flops. Very bland, repetitive, and went on twice as long as they should have. And Annoying after a while.
I agree. It would have been better if they had different songs for each letter.

zns

Reaction score
Right now, I'm looking at the episode where Big Bird has sprained his wing, and it's defiantely one of the best ones they've done this year. Caroll Spinney just shines in this street story. And the hidden gems of Jerry Nelson's characters tops it all off.

As for the rumor about Big Bird being limited in next years season, I don't think it should be that big an issue. I have no doubt that Caroll will continue to do the bird for as long as possible. Even Kevin Clash admitted in the interview he did for the National Academy Archive that when you first see the bird step out, its simply astonishing. It's obvious he lovesd both Big Bird and Caroll as much as we all do. And even when Caroll is no longer with us or retires, Matt Vogal will keep Big Bird alive for as long as the street survives. There is no doubt about that. :wisdom::wisdom::wisdom:

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Right now, I'm looking at the episode where Big Bird has sprained his wing, and it's defiantely one of the best ones they've done this year. Caroll Spinney just shines in this street story. And the hidden gems of Jerry Nelson's characters tops it all off.
I loved the episode too. Especially the Elmo's World segment, the whole time I was looking at Elmo's hands, he went from arm rod to live-hand. Very cool. Not many people notice that. :wink:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score

ErnieBertGonzo

Reaction score
Not all of Leslie's characters sound the same. She preformed the kangaroo in this episode:http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_p...1-4991-4452-8135-635b0672596e/jack_s_big_jump. And it didn't sound like Abby. There's a part where Biff says, "I'm confused." Does anyone know who preformed him?
I was gonna bring the Biff part up, but I never got to it.

It's more likely to be Matt Vogel than anyone else, knowing his current involvement with all (or most) of Jerry's characters.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I saw the Inspector 4 episode on Sesame's website, and it looks so much better in widescreen. PBS really needs to come to their senses. I need to get more people to sign the petition I started.

Mupp

Reaction score
Generally speaking, I have enjoyed season 40.

Yes, there did seem to be some budget issues, and it is VERY repetitive to see the same "Abby's Flying Fairy School" segments. Though I do like the segment, I think that the new characters are fun. Hopefully if it is continued in season 41, there will be a lot new segments.
Judging from a photo of a Fairy School script in the "Sesame Street A Celebration" book which features a story about the characters earning their tooth fairy badges, there may be new episodes to come. (The budget allowing of course)

I hated the fact that Ernie and Bert did not appear at all in any of the street stories, (Or any new material)

I did enjoy the hidden gems, even though a lot of them were very obscure. But I guess its the thought that counts.