Season 40 Hidden Gems

BEAR

Reaction score
Is there any way we can get images of these findings posted in the forum for all to see?

unclematt

Reaction score
That is a great idea. I would love to see some thee that I have missed.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Definitely. If someone can do this, it would be most appreciated. Perhaps someone's putting this stuff up on the Muppet Wiki?:confused::eek:

Drtooth

Reaction score
In the opening scene where Chris was reading the newspaper to Telly, there was a small headline above the Porridge Shortage about Kevin Clash... can't remember what it said, though.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Classic character you wouldn't normally expect to see there (in a similar vein to using Biff and Sully as referenced in above post).
I wouldn't call a Mr. Johnson appearance a "hidden gem". He's made quite a few appearances in the last few years, after being absent for most of seasons 33-35 (I think his only appearance in thos eyears was in repeats of Elmo's World: Food). Though it is unusual to see him on the street, and just as unusual to see him used so heavily without Grover.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Yeah for Wanda Cousteau! That's cool- and having Mr. Johnson on the Street. That's neat too. I hope a lot of other classic characters continue to make some cameos as background characters at least, if not an actual important role in the plot.:smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Everyone gawking about Mr. Johnson being seen on the street like it's a big treat, obviously haven't seen The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Off Topic, but...

Mr. Johnson may not really be all that frequent in recent seasons, but he does manage to pop up once in a while... i.e. Season 37 (?) in the Global Grover Russian Restaurant sketch. And of course, he's in that new iPhone app. Wanda, however... that's a character that is a hidden gem. Unless they plan to randomly bring her back (in past years, all sorts of old characters made season long appearances, and then vanished again), they just wanted to give her a nod. Now, the segment with her is featured on the Y Quest DVD... if anyone has that and can elaborate on what she does, it would be pretty helpful.