1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Season 40 Hidden Gems

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by The Count, Nov 10, 2009.

1. unclematt Active Member

Are the pictures in Hooper's Store confirmed?
  2. dwmckim Well-Known Member

4190 - Wild Nature Survivor Guy Gem

In the opening shot, Leela's tomato basket has "Joan Ganz Cooney and Lloyd Morrisett" on the top of its logo. Don't have a hi-def tv so i couldn't make out the rest of the logo except for "Eco-Friendly" and i think the next words may have been packing basket. It also looked like Leela's watering can may have had it as well since there was also a similar label on it with the top letter printed and formatted the same as Joan/Lloyd's name on the basket - but again couldn't make it out with my old-school set.
  3. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

In today's episode, Mr. Johnson's menu had a small image from the Ladybugs Picnic cartoon on front.
  4. unclematt Active Member

I don't know how you guys are catching this stuff.
  5. Gelfling Girl Active Member

Yeah, these small details are practically minuscule. (except maybe Barkley in the season premier)
  6. unclematt Active Member

Keep up the good work.
  7. dwmckim Well-Known Member

This last one wasn't too hard since it was so oddly placed on the menu that it was kind of intrusive - it definately looked like something placed over the regular menu (like it was announcing a current special but you couldn't make out the words, just the picture) and cut into the regular Hooper's menu logo on the front.

My local station actually went back to showing SST in widescreen today instead of formatting/cropping it. Hopefully this wasn't just a one-day fluke. Now maybe i can see stuff that might get cut off from the edges of the screen.

Also i think some will be easier than others - when Joey first talked about them he said that there would be things like seeing Biff and Sully in the background and that sounds like it would be pretty easy to catch (i was thinking Mr. Johnson being in the street scene was actually the gem until i saw his menu)
  8. unclematt Active Member

Why would Mr. Johnson being in the street scene be the gem?
  9. dwmckim Well-Known Member

Classic character you wouldn't normally expect to see there (in a similar vein to using Biff and Sully as referenced in above post).

By the way outside of the street scene, anyone notice how that tree puppet in Abby/Rosita/WTFZoe's Guess the Season song looked like a throwback to the "This is Your Life" talking tree?
  10. Super Scooter New Member

A newspaper clipping with Jim Henson's photo hangs in the laundromat window today.
  11. BEAR Active Member

Is there any way we can get images of these findings posted in the forum for all to see?
  12. unclematt Active Member

That is a great idea. I would love to see some thee that I have missed.
  13. GonzoLeaper Active Member

Definitely. If someone can do this, it would be most appreciated. Perhaps someone's putting this stuff up on the Muppet Wiki?:confused::eek:
  14. Drtooth Well-Known Member

In the opening scene where Chris was reading the newspaper to Telly, there was a small headline above the Porridge Shortage about Kevin Clash... can't remember what it said, though.
  15. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call a Mr. Johnson appearance a "hidden gem". He's made quite a few appearances in the last few years, after being absent for most of seasons 33-35 (I think his only appearance in thos eyears was in repeats of Elmo's World: Food). Though it is unusual to see him on the street, and just as unusual to see him used so heavily without Grover.
  16. Drtooth Well-Known Member

17. unclematt Active Member

Thanks for the pic
  18. GonzoLeaper Active Member

Yeah for Wanda Cousteau! That's cool- and having Mr. Johnson on the Street. That's neat too. I hope a lot of other classic characters continue to make some cameos as background characters at least, if not an actual important role in the plot.:)
  19. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Everyone gawking about Mr. Johnson being seen on the street like it's a big treat, obviously haven't seen The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland.
  20. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Off Topic, but...

Mr. Johnson may not really be all that frequent in recent seasons, but he does manage to pop up once in a while... i.e. Season 37 (?) in the Global Grover Russian Restaurant sketch. And of course, he's in that new iPhone app. Wanda, however... that's a character that is a hidden gem. Unless they plan to randomly bring her back (in past years, all sorts of old characters made season long appearances, and then vanished again), they just wanted to give her a nod. Now, the segment with her is featured on the Y Quest DVD... if anyone has that and can elaborate on what she does, it would be pretty helpful.