1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Season 40 Hidden Gems

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by The Count, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Yeah. I was thinking that too. I missed quite a few eps this season because I've been away. If someone could post some pics of where we see the pictures of David, Henson and whatever else I missed, that would be really great.
  2. MuppetDude Active Member

Yesterday's episode had a gem in Chris's newspaper. A headline reads: "Clash Unabashed by the Red Smash".
  3. mbmfrog Active Member

Today epsiode stars Stinky the Stinkweed plant and a cameo appearance by Carol Spinney, and if he's in the show as himself, then Vogel doing :wisdom:.
  4. unclematt Active Member

Did he just have a walk through or did he play a character. That is awesome.
  5. Erine81981 Active Member

He was reading a newspaper in Hooper's when Chris goes and gets a ladder outside of where the old Aarbor used to be. Did anyone see last season Marty Robinson getting a shoe shine? He was a guy getting his shoes shined by an Anything Muppet. Pretty neat to see him there too.

And i think Carol was peforming Big Bird because on how Carol puppeteers him. When Matt preforms BB he acts like he has more engery then Carlol being that he's getting up there but still active to get Big Bird to come to life and all. As much as i saw. It was only a little peek at him in Hooper's.
  6. unclematt Active Member

That is awesome I wish they would do cameos like that more often.
  7. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Today's episode featured the scene where Leela was reading the Placido Flamingo biography by Richard Hunt.
  8. dwmckim Well-Known Member

Just for documentation, it should also be added that not only did Carroll make a cameo, but he was shown reading a book with Oscar and Big Bird on the cover.
  9. GonzoLeaper Active Member

Maybe he was reading his own book.:grouchy::wisdom::)

So cool hearing about all these appearances and such. I definitely hope someone's getting some screen caps going on at the Muppet wiki.
  10. Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Yeah. I often wondered about that because some people have said that Matt usually wears the costume while Carroll loops in the voice, but according to recent articles I read it seems like for the most part Carroll is still wearing the costume. So I wonder how often Matt works with BB since they got rid of Journey to Ernie. I also have had the same thoughts about Jerry Nelson. I've heard he's just doing voice work for his characters now so I wonder how often he does the actual puppeteering. Just some things I've been curious about.
  11. Super Scooter New Member

For the recent Marshall Grover and Fred the Wonder horse sketch, Jerry Nelson sat off to the side doing the voice while Matt Vogel performed Fred. The season 40 book states that Jerry didn't do the puppetry because of the contortions required to perform in the scene. (Frank and Matt both look very uncomfortable in the accompanying photo)
  12. Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Okay. Thanks for that info. I'm hoping to get the book for Christmas, so I'll wath for that.
  13. Drtooth Well-Known Member

While cleaning out the washing Machine, Luis pulled out Teeny little Superguy, cup and all. And they even played a bar of the theme song with it. Looks like these gems are going to be a lot more obvious from now on. At least, more obvious than something out of focus you can kind of see in widescreen under the PBS logo.

There were a couple other musical prompts (Oscar's I Love Trash played when he picked up his lint ball, some sort of tune that seemed familiar when Elmo was looking for the wrench), but I don't know if they count.
  14. Erine81981 Active Member

Loved seeing the Teeny Little Super Guy and stuff. This season is really great to see these the older stuff they give a nod too.
  15. unclematt Active Member

I think they should release season 40 on dvd
  16. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

In today's episode, Maria and Luis have a flashback to when they were married and planted a tree on the street. Forgetful Jones make a walk-by cameo; they even say Hi to him!
  17. unclematt Active Member

Does Forgetful Jones reply? If so do we know who is doing the voice?
  18. Drtooth Well-Known Member

No... walk by usually means a silent walk by. He waved, and that was that. Still better than something so hidden, no one knows what it's supposed to be.
  19. unclematt Active Member

Forgetful Jones was a great character. I wonder if they would ever consider bringing him back? Is there anybody that could do his voice? He always made me laugh but then again so did most of Richard's characters
  20. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Regarding the background image of Jim Henson, that wasn't a hidden gem... It was a hidden JIM!