Season 40 Hidden Gems

dwmckim

Reaction score
4190 - Wild Nature Survivor Guy Gem

In the opening shot, Leela's tomato basket has "Joan Ganz Cooney and Lloyd Morrisett" on the top of its logo. Don't have a hi-def tv so i couldn't make out the rest of the logo except for "Eco-Friendly" and i think the next words may have been packing basket. It also looked like Leela's watering can may have had it as well since there was also a similar label on it with the top letter printed and formatted the same as Joan/Lloyd's name on the basket - but again couldn't make it out with my old-school set.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In today's episode, Mr. Johnson's menu had a small image from the Ladybugs Picnic cartoon on front.

unclematt

Reaction score
I don't know how you guys are catching this stuff.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I don't know how you guys are catching this stuff.
This last one wasn't too hard since it was so oddly placed on the menu that it was kind of intrusive - it definately looked like something placed over the regular menu (like it was announcing a current special but you couldn't make out the words, just the picture) and cut into the regular Hooper's menu logo on the front.

My local station actually went back to showing SST in widescreen today instead of formatting/cropping it. Hopefully this wasn't just a one-day fluke. Now maybe i can see stuff that might get cut off from the edges of the screen.

Also i think some will be easier than others - when Joey first talked about them he said that there would be things like seeing Biff and Sully in the background and that sounds like it would be pretty easy to catch (i was thinking Mr. Johnson being in the street scene was actually the gem until i saw his menu)

unclematt

Reaction score
Why would Mr. Johnson being in the street scene be the gem?

dwmckim

Reaction score
Why would Mr. Johnson being in the street scene be the gem?
Classic character you wouldn't normally expect to see there (in a similar vein to using Biff and Sully as referenced in above post).

By the way outside of the street scene, anyone notice how that tree puppet in Abby/Rosita/WTFZoe's Guess the Season song looked like a throwback to the "This is Your Life" talking tree?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
A newspaper clipping with Jim Henson's photo hangs in the laundromat window today.