Official Doozer Replicas available now?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really just hate this whole business model of reaching out to rich kids who want to pretend to be nostalgic or hip and have a never ending trust fund from their rich parents or luck out with a high paying job or something.

Really... we should have known from the start id someone's website has cool urban remixes, the products would cater to spoiled brats who pretend to like that sort of thing. 45 dollar T-shirts? Feh. I bet us people what have to go to Kohls are getting shafted until whenever the heck the movie comes out.

I wish the Mindstyle thing panned out. Even if they were blind boxed and packaged with random letters for no apparent reason, they're still leaps and bounds beyond this sort of stuff. I mean, these are nice, but 700 bucks is ridiculous, and NO ONE is going to be able to buy one... maybe some celebrities or something...

That's another reason why I want to see a movie... we'd probably get merchandise that, if not good, is at least affordable and mass produced.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm warming up to the idea of the flat, printed vynal figures, but I REALLY want to see sculpted 3-D Fraggle figures at some point. It's a shame Mindstyle's out of the picture... even with their trying to be Japanese noise (Blind box figures with NO candy?) and odd placement of letter figures, they looked very good, and I would have at least tried to get some of them. I knew I should've bought all the Sababa Doozer Figures the second they came out.

I hope when the movie goes forward we have some nice general public merchandise... non-designer T shirts, collectible figures, and plush dolls that look GOOD.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It looked like Red was wairing a Wembley figural necklace in some photos so I think figures will eventually come. I do think it's odd that Fraggles have become this expensive upscale brand, but at this point any exposure is good exposure.

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
I like that the Fraggles have become up scale! You go to the store you see Sesame Street and other kids syuff on EVERYTHING! I thing you guys would complain if Fraggles became that! So I think baby steps is what they are doing, I just hope the baby steps lead to something us common work for our money people can afford :smirk: But for now, im liking what i'm seeing! Even if thats all I can do with it is look. At least its out there and SOME people are buying it. And seeing it and remebering or even asking "whats Fraggle Rock"! :excited:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I do like the exposure. I'm wondering if these pricey Doozers are a result in a larger batch being made for the Dr Romanelli window display for the recent event.

Not to worry, when that PBS Doozer program comes out there will be a lot of affordable Doozer stuff out there. :busy: I keep forgetting about that project. When is it due?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not to worry, when that PBS Doozer program comes out there will be a lot of affordable Doozer stuff out there. :busy: I keep forgetting about that project. When is it due?
The twelfth of never? :big_grin: I hope that's on tap for the next year or next season. I mean, I like Dino Train, but I would much rather see this Doozer program actually happen.

As for the upscale, I wouldn't mind it if they had some lower scale affordable stuff to off set it. I really wish I had the money to have gotten all the Sababa stuff at the time, but I didn't. The plush toys seem to be affordable enough, but they aren't the best ones we've seen. I can't even say worst... those Tomy Fraggle Plushes looked terribly off (eyes too big? faces too pointy? I can't tell). But hardly the same quality as the Sababa or Hasbro ones had. 25 bucks doesn't seem too bad for a price, but I wouldn't actually buy any of them. I really wish the license went to Gund. I really like what they did with the Sesame Street Plush.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Hey all,

Has Christmas come early?

I just found these pics on wiki, and am surprised that no one is talking about them here?

It looks like official Replicas of the Doozers available with 3 different color helmets?

There even flocked just like the real ones!

There £442, each though?

Anyone know any more info?

http://www.colette.fr/#/eshop/article/517075/dr-romanelli-x-fraggle-rock/578/

Chris
Found out why these are so expensive- Dr X only made 10 for sale!(Plus the window display doozers).The window display Doozers were made out of flocked foam in the traditional way, whereas the 10 for sale are made out of synthetic latex and poly foam urathane/flocked.I noticed Colette doesnt have the Fraggle Rock link from the "Special" tab anymore, but your link still works.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Thanks for finding out that info.

Its surprising (or not) that they stillo have them for sale if they only made 10?

Its almost like there not official, I emailed the site to get more info and was told that they have no hang tags, and no box etc, Strange!

Chris

Drtooth

Reaction score
Its surprising (or not) that they stillo have them for sale if they only made 10?
Plus window displays. I'm wondering if it really did cost all that much to make, or if any of this is going to charity. But no wonder they cost a small fortune. If you hold out for a little more money, I'm sure you can actually get a real Doozer. :smirk:

Really hope that Doozer show takes off. I'd rather some sort of PVC's or small plushes myself. I kinda like the Sid ones, even though their faces seem to be painted on.