Official Doozer Replicas available now?

Luke

Reaction score
Its almost like there not official, I emailed the site to get more info and was told that they have no hang tags, and no box etc, Strange!
Deffo official what with the other stuff and Paris Hilton etc but maybe created more as props to publicise the license and they just made a few more to sell i guess.

Knowing theres only 10 makes me more interested, they look great - i really love the poster print too. I think you have to think of it as an investment in very limited art pieces.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Deffo official what with the other stuff and Paris Hilton etc but maybe created more as props to publicise the license and they just made a few more to sell i guess.

Knowing theres only 10 makes me more interested, they look great - i really love the poster print too. I think you have to think of it as an investment in very limited art pieces.
Thats what I was trying to think of, licensed yes as they are making lots of stuff, but in that small an amount more likely publicity/promo/display items than merchandise.

I to am interested, have been since I first seen them, but just cant justufy spending that much?

Chris

Luke

Reaction score
Thats what I was trying to think of, licensed yes as they are making lots of stuff, but in that small an amount more likely publicity/promo/display items than merchandise.

I to am interested, have been since I first seen them, but just cant justufy spending that much?

Chris
Yeah i agree, quality stuff but a lot of money to part with!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I get it. They had some of the window display protos left over so they sold them for profit. They may as well have offered Doozer sticks made out of diamonds. The average fan wasn't going to be able to afford them anyway. I hope they do something with the Doozers. I still think the Doozer shape makes for a great urban vinyl toy concept. Henson should look into that. Those Spore things are fun, but a Doozer-specific vinyl series could be really sick. :busy:

muppetperson

Reaction score
I get it. They had some of the window display protos left over so they sold them for profit. They may as well have offered Doozer sticks made out of diamonds. The average fan wasn't going to be able to afford them anyway. I hope they do something with the Doozers. I still think the Doozer shape makes for a great urban vinyl toy concept. Henson should look into that. Those Spore things are fun, but a Doozer-specific vinyl series could be really sick. :busy:
No, they made the window display Doozers differently from the 10 that they are selling.The 10 for sale are made from longer lasting materials, so they were made for the collectible market, not leftovers from the window display.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
No, they made the window display Doozers differently from the 10 that they are selling.The 10 for sale are made from longer lasting materials, so they were made for the collectible market, not leftovers from the window display.
Still seems uber exclusive for the Muppety market. Only 10 total. These aren't intended for the average fans like 99% of the people here. They are kind of cool, but still not accurate-looking enough for the $200 price range and especially not the $700 price range. Nonetheless, hope you take pictures of yours. :busy: We'll appreciate them here.

Luke

Reaction score
Still seems uber exclusive for the Muppety market. Only 10 total. These aren't intended for the average fans like 99% of the people here. They are kind of cool, but still not accurate-looking enough for the $200 price range and especially not the $700 price range. Nonetheless, hope you take pictures of yours. :busy: We'll appreciate them here.
If you compare them to eFX tho ... 500+ quantity and probably 400-450 bucks.

I would be concerned how different the actual "sale" doozers look to the shop window versions tho. I wouldn't have thought the synthetic latex would be that great - i'd probably prefer original materials and just look after it.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Yeah, you wouldnt of thought they would both just to make 10.It has made them very expensive and look how long it is taking to sell.They would of been better to make say 500 and bring the price down.I finally ordered one and I will take a picture when it arrives.It is at London Heathrow at the moment!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you wouldnt of thought they would both just to make 10.It has made them very expensive and look how long it is taking to sell.They would of been better to make say 500 and bring the price down.I finally ordered one and I will take a picture when it arrives.It is at London Heathrow at the moment!
I still think that the Dr Doozer people should create urban vinyl style doozers with both traditional and creative designs. These types of items are often upscale and respected so that would be in keeping with their pricier product, but still more affordable and geared to those who grew up with Fraggle Rock. Having different artists create paint schemes for the shape can fetch hightly collectible price points. :busy: I still prefer affordable toys, but I wonder why they haven't gone after this market yet.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, we do have that Symbiote license that will do the flat plastic body with the painted on face thing. They're planning to do Fraggles, and I bet Doozers won't be out of the question.

What I'd really like is something that's partially designer, partially affordable and comes in a clear or windowed box so you can see which character you get. My dream Doozer line would be a different looking Doozer that comes with a small piece of building that can be interconnected when you get them all, but can serve as a small base if you decide just to get one or two of them.