Your Thoughts: The Muppets on "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition"

spcglider

Reaction score
You'll have to ask Jim Lewis about it, but from what I could gather, they had originally just thought they were going to do "Rainbow Connection" as the musical number, but I guess Jim really really lobbied hard to get the okay to do "One Whole Person" instead.

I think that was wise.

-Gordon

dwayne1115

Reaction score
You'll have to ask Jim Lewis about it, but from what I could gather, they had originally just thought they were going to do "Rainbow Connection" as the musical number, but I guess Jim really really lobbied hard to get the okay to do "One Whole Person" instead.

I think that was wise.

-Gordon
Well i will have to ask Jim about that! I think that it was a wise choice to use Just One Person insteed of Rainbow Connection. Where did the Muppets have to go?

Beauregard

Reaction score

I think that was wise.

-Gordon
Honestly, I'm so proud of them for putting together that show and performing it under those conditions. I think it's wonderful -- it's such a shame that there was talking over the song so we can't have a proper copy of those guys singing it on Mp3.

Gordon, you said you had a chance to speak to Steve while on the set, I was wondering if you had a chance to speak to anyone else like Dave or Eric?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hey, Gordon, glad you got a chance to be a part of things. It has to be neat to see everything up close and personal like that, eh?

beaker

Reaction score
Man, that was something. Thanks to whomever posted the Hulu link. Ya know, we get nothing but negativity from the news and with most mainstream tv...its just vapid celebrity worship, horrible "Reality Tv" shows, and negative reinforcing crime dramas.

But to see an episode like this, even if it didn't have any Muppets, is truly something. The fact that its chalked full of awesome Muppetyness is way too cool. And even though Im not into sports, I'd SO love a bedroom like that!

Man, Kermit is just something else...truly such an inspirational leader. I thought that was the coolest thing that they put on a little mini Muppet show for everyone. And I LOVED the "mini applejuice and mini sodas?" line(Always loved the chemistry between Pepe and Rizzo)

Again, just love the Muppets OUTSIDE of the studio! I really dislike watching most the shows the Muppets cameo on(like dancing with the stars) but this one was perfect! And it was quite amazing to see how one person can make so much difference in people's lives.

If the world had more Muppets and Sesame, it'd be a better place.

spcglider

Reaction score
Well i will have to ask Jim about that! I think that it was a wise choice to use Just One Person insteed of Rainbow Connection. Where did the Muppets have to go?
Back to previous engagements. Other continuing shows... Sesame strikes me as a big contender there.

-G

spcglider

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm so proud of them for putting together that show and performing it under those conditions. I think it's wonderful -- it's such a shame that there was talking over the song so we can't have a proper copy of those guys singing it on Mp3.

Gordon, you said you had a chance to speak to Steve while on the set, I was wondering if you had a chance to speak to anyone else like Dave or Eric?
I only spoke briefly with Dave and most of our conversation was reminiscences about Jerry Juhl. It was just a convenient starting point... we both knew Jerry... so that's where the conversation began. Sadly, the demands of shooting didn't provide Dave with a lot of "down time" so that was pretty much it until the cannon gag was shot. I have some "alternate takes" that were shot on cell phone. I suspect that posting them anywhere might be seriously frowned upon, so please do not ask me to do so.

But I will always hang on to the alternate take wherein Ty cautions Gonzo against the cannon gag because "It's dangerous... this cannon looks like its made out of a cardboard tube!" to which Gonzo replied, "This is a perfectly good cannon... I've used it many times." :big_grin:

But I have to say, it was a-M-a-Z-i-N-g to get to watch Dave Goelz work in person. The legends are true. To this I can attest personally.

-G

spcglider

Reaction score
Actually what is truly amazing is the sheer amount of stuff they shot that didn't appear in the actual show. Also the amount of stuff they shot that I had no idea was being shot "right under my nose" as it were. I can tell you exactly WHERE each and every shot was taken on set, but you got me WHEN they actually accomplished some of them! I mean, those guys must have started shooting stuff at the literal crack of dawn before anyone else came to set.

Amazing dedication to the work. Stunning.

-G

Nick22

Reaction score
i just finished watching it online. it was SO amazing. i can't even find the words to explain. i think the real muppet magic is finally back. this episode was so so so so great. i loved when they sang, i loved floyd, crazy harry, piggy. and fozzie's jokes are back and statler and waldorf are back to heckling. :smile:

spcglider

Reaction score
In case anybody is wondering... Steve and Kermit WERE, in fact, inside the cab of the demolition wrecker when they were crunching down the first part of the house!

-Gordon