My Progress

Melonpool

Reaction score
So, I've been working on a rather large puppet project for the last few months after doing practically nothing puppet related for the last few years (other than designing the recent round of Nike puppets, anyway). I thought I'd share the first bit of "leaked" test footage with you guys, though...

http://melonpool.blip.tv/file/3097808/

Also, just for the heck of it, I uploaded the first video we ever made -- from 1994. None of the people that made it had ever built or performed puppets before, so it's rather rough around the edges. The main thing is that it was the start of my love of building and puppetry and I'm still rather proud of it after all these years. Enjoy!

http://blip.tv/file/3077153

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Very nice!

Pro tip: when you're making sets, make sure they're framed properly! Ask me sometime about how I learned that particular lesson... :stick_out_tongue:

charlie bird

Reaction score
''Wow!'',Great work.I wish I could make puppet sets like that, instead of just a puppet stage.Sadly thats only realistic for one place, and I dont think I could make a good portible set.That will realy look good on camera ,hey are you using a green screen,if so I have some good advice on that sort of thing.
Thanks for the cool pictures of your'e awsome work

Melonpool

Reaction score
Very nice!

Pro tip: when you're making sets, make sure they're framed properly! Ask me sometime about how I learned that particular lesson... :stick_out_tongue:
Did you have a set fall down on you? Yikes! Mine's pretty sturdy right now, but it'll be a lot sturdier when it's done. Like a dome, it wants to fall in on itself, so each section holds the next one up. It'll also be tied into the rafters when it's done.

Maybe I'll incorporate hard helmets into the mic headsets, just in case, though!

Actually, you gave me the idea on how to construct this set years ago, Buck! Can you believe I've been planning it since this link from 2005!

Melonpool

Reaction score
''Wow!'',Great work.I wish I could make puppet sets like that, instead of just a puppet stage.Sadly thats only realistic for one place, and I dont think I could make a good portible set.That will realy look good on camera ,hey are you using a green screen,if so I have some good advice on that sort of thing.
Thanks for the cool pictures of your'e awsome work
Very little green screening on this project. I'm very old-school when it comes to this. I may even have the spaceships operated like puppets. :wink:

luther962

Reaction score
Really impressive work! I would love to build something like that in my garage, but the
truck has to go someplace! Pretty nifty.

Melonpool

Reaction score
If God had wanted you to put your truck in the garage, he never would've invented driveways. :wink: