My Progress

charlie bird

Reaction score
Hi melon pool I took another look at my drawings and original story line and decided to change it to a more realistic situation,that would be funner to do.And even though I have never made a latex puppet before I am a good sculpter and I have studied it enough to know how to make them ,even though alot of people here are more into the muppet style puppets I have decided to come up with my own style puppets for this film.I have done pretty well with that and I wish I could show the drawwings ,but my computer crashed.
Thank you

charlie bird

Reaction score
Trash heap set?

I was wondering if anyone had an I deal on how to make a trash heap set. I don't know the best way to make this.I was thinking of making trenches and trap doors in the heap it might be done by wood to make the support'' over the puppeteers heads''And the structure with wire like fence wire used for protecting plants.And then adding what ever I should use to give it the efect of the trash heap.Any ideas would be mouch appreciated.
Thank you

Puppetainer

Reaction score
It's coming along beautifully! I'm envious of your progress. I'm still building puppets, haven't gotten to the set building portion. So much to do...so much to LEARN! Keep up the awesome work, can't wait to see the first finished episode!

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
WOW....looks like a professional set going on there. Looking forward to more progress! Awesome job guy.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I like the Star Trek-ish black lit displays. That's very cool.

PaulyPuppets

Reaction score
I really like the look of your set and characters, MP. I especially admire your passion for your project. It's a huge undertaking, what you're doing. I know firsthand, as I too am usually a one man band when it comes to my puppet video projects. It's a great feeling when I'm done with a project. Looking at your progress vids, really hit home with me. Keep up the great work! I think ya got something there, bud :wink:.

Melonpool

Reaction score
Thanks!

I remember an article that Buck wrote on Puppetvision (or maybe it was here on Muppet Central -- I'm too lazy to look) a long time ago about "taking puppetry to the next level." This little project is my attempt to do that.

I'm getting kind of tired of the "two guys behind a couch" technique that a lot of puppet videos on the web seem to do. I know I've been guilty of it as well. If I've learned anything from the countless hours of vintage Muppet stuff, it's that you really don't have to hide puppeteers as long as you have a camera to frame them out. I think we as a whole could learn a lot from that idea.

Anyway, I'll keep posting on this project as it chugs along. Super exciting!

Steve