Should Ernie interact with Abby?

Mupp

Reaction score
Again, I think that it would be really interesting to see Ernie interact with Abby, and yes Bert would be interesting to see too.

As I've mentioned before, I really hope that next season we will see new Ernie and Bert material. New material from them has been absent for so long that I'm beginning to wonder if they've been evicted from 123 Sesame Street!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm beginning to wonder if they've been evicted from 123 Sesame Street!
That would make for a very relatable true-to-life story on the show...

What if they discussed eviction? Like in this case, suppose Ernie and Bert WERE being evicted from their basement apartment, and even though they try every way imaginable to save their residence, they're still forced out? It's a lot more common than people realize, and I think SST could find a way to help show kids how to cope with it.

Not only that, but realistically, you can't really live in an apartment for as long as any of them have... apartments aren't like houses that you can purchase later in life.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
That would make for a very relatable true-to-life story on the show...

What if they discussed eviction? Like in this case, suppose Ernie and Bert WERE being evicted from their basement apartment, and even though they try every way imaginable to save their residence, they're still forced out? It's a lot more common than people realize, and I think SST could find a way to help show kids how to cope with it.

Not only that, but realistically, you can't really live in an apartment for as long as any of them have... apartments aren't like houses that you can purchase later in life.
As smart as that sounds, I always think that the show is taking in some subjects a bit too far. Like the Amphiban game episode of this season was a bit too much to learn for the average Pre-K to K grader.

I mean there are some subjects on the show that I think that some kids aren't ready to know. :frown:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I agree with that. I mean they did scrap the idea of airing an ep about divorce. Eviction would be along the same path. Though it does make one wonder how they can afford to pay rent in their apartment and who their landlord is and all that jazz.

Mupp

Reaction score
I agree with that. I mean they did scrap the idea of airing an ep about divorce. Eviction would be along the same path. Though it does make one wonder how they can afford to pay rent in their apartment and who their landlord is and all that jazz.
Gordon and Susan own the building.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yes, Gordon and Susan may own the building, but sadly, that doesn't mean that they don't own it under someone else's management, as is the case with a lot of apartments and complexes - if someone was doing poorly with their rent, but had good reason for it, Gordon and Susan would naturally work with them through it, but a higher management might not agree, and order (even by court ruling) to evict tenants at any given time, and G&S would have no say in it.

May be it might be "far", but I don't think it's nowhere near as "too far" as the scrapped divorce episode.

Mupp

Reaction score
Well, episodes are always tested with children, so I guess it would have to be up to such tests to determine if the concept of eviction could be presented to children without upsetting or confusing them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I severely doubt eviction would ever happen. Maybe in the 1970's Mad Magazine parody "Reality Street." But not in this show. Only time anyone came close was the Stars and Streets special from 10 years ago, when someone wanted to tear it down and put up condos. There's only so much reality they can have on the street.

The problem is simple. Depending on how frequently Disney plans to make Muppet Projects (even if it's as small as a web video) it will effect the availability of Steve and Eric (and even David Rudman, since he's Scooter and Janice now). If the Cheapest Movie Ever films, unless it's shot on Sesame's off season, we're likely to see more characters played by Sesame Street regulars like Robinson, Clash (unless they decide to give Clifford a cameo role, but I doubt SW would let him take off that long to do that), and Mazzarino... and all of them. Anyone else (example, Matt Vogel) who ambiguously appears in both SS and TMS productions would also be affected, one way or another.

I know there's always John Tartaglia who performed Ernie in a couple Play With me episodes, but even he's busy with the Shrek musical.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If not eviction, then how about bankrupcy?

Like maybe the real reason why the Fix-It-Shop initially disappeared in 2002 was because it went bankrupt?

I mean this is something that's happening around us as well - our favorite little hang-outs, establishments, neighborhood workplaces that have been around for YEARS are closing right and left...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Again, if that stuff was all that real, Hoopers would be a Starbucks, The Fix It Shop would be a Kinkos, and there would be one of those annoying 7 dollar cup cake places well to do jerks like to hang out at. Oh, and 123 Sesame Street would have been turned into a luxury apartment, and everyone would be struggling to find places to live.

Either that or the whole area would be bulldozed for Luxury Condos that never actually get built because they run out of funding. Sometimes it's just not a safe bet to be that realistic.