1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Should Ernie interact with Abby?

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Muppet Frog, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Muppet Frog

Muppet Frog Member

Whenever SW gets a chance to do new Ernie material, should he interact with Abby?
  2. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

... should he? No, I don't think so. That would be shocking to the general audience, I think. I mean, fairy and Ernie interaction should be very limited, even outside of the show. I wouldn't suggest they be seen together in the daylight, but should keep any relationship they might have hidden to the public.

... I'm sorry, it's just a very unusual question. I don't see the relevance of it. I suppose if the topic is how would they get along on screen, how would they compliment each others comedic abilities, that's a good discussion, and would encourage the thread to continue with that.
  3. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Why is it important that he does do that?
  4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Eh, I don't think they'd be very funny together.
  5. Muppet Frog

Muppet Frog Member

I don't think he interacts with the girls a lot except for Prairie.
  6. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Maybe if Ernie interacted with Abby a bit on the show, it might help quell all those "rumors" about him and Bert, if you know what I mean. :p
  7. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

Strictly speaking I don't see why there should be a problem with any combinations of characters interacting. After all everybody knows everybody on Sesame Street and more or less, they're supposed to be friends.

Of course some may not work quite as well together depending on Character personality and if they're voiced by the same Muppeteer that does make it difficult to accomplish.
    But that's no reason why Ernie cannot once in a while say hello to Abby on the show.
  8. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I do hear, however, there will be a street story next season with Elmo, Abby and Bert looking for a rare bird on the street.
  9. Gelfling Girl

Gelfling Girl Active Member

Hmm...Good idea, but how about with me instead of her? :concern: Just kidding. ;)
  10. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

After reading this thread, it hit me: Outside of "The King's Nose", it seems that he hardly even interracted with The Amazing Mumford. He seems like somebody who would enjoy volunteering at a magic show, much like Grover did.

But I think it would be better if Abby interracted with Bert. Ernie has interracted with quite a few other characters on his own, but Bert doens't seem to have any aquaintiences without Ernie.
  11. D'Snowth

Off the top of my head...

- Singing "Take a Rest" with Cookie and Grover (a smash hit by 'The Oz-born Brothers')
    - Unscripted bit with John-John
    - A honker on his birthday
    - Trading his paperclip collection to Mr. Hooper for a soapdish for Ernie
    - Asking Simon Soundman how he's able to make tuba sounds out his mouth
    - Singing a song about marching with various AMs
    - A song about making new friends (can't quite remember the exact title) with Rick Moranis on a plane

Those are the only ones I can think of.
  12. Gelfling Girl

Gelfling Girl Active Member

I'm surprised you didn't think of the music number "Doin' the Pigeon" on there.
  13. Muppet Frog

Muppet Frog Member

Ernie only saw Kermit on Do De rubber Duck.
  14. D'Snowth

He interacts with Ernie (off camera) in that one. Besides, I didn't really count his solo acts, speaking to the kids at home, if so, I would've added his "Oatmeal Box" song to the list as well as the games he plays on Play with Me Sesame.
  15. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

I think it's about dang time for some Stinky/Herbert Birdsfoot scenes. The show just doesn't feel right without any Stinky/Herb interaction. Whatsamattah with those SST writers?
  16. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Well, Ernie hasn't really been around much this season to begin with. Seems that Steve is busy with Kermit... and we finally got one of the downsides to the big Muppet Show character relaunch.

That said... Kermit and Abby. That needs to happen.
  17. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I would agree with Kermit needing to interact with Kermit. That would some funny stuff. I know being that Kermit has had lots of scenes with magic before or being that he's had lots of Muppet New Story with him with Fairy Tale characters.
  18. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Really. I wanna see SW and Disney work something out and just make ONE segment with Kermit and Abby. There's a potential for something similar to Kermit and Mumford, but I could see Kermit being a little less gruff on her, as she's just a kid and she takes any mistakes sort of personal on occasion.
  19. D'Snowth

Sadly, it's not gonna happen. Disney is not a good company to work with.
  20. Muppet Frog

Muppet Frog Member

At least Disney gave SW permission to use Kermit in new material on Elmo's World Frogs.

I know Kermit interacted with Zoe twice but I wish that could happen more often before Disney had the rights to him.