RIP Muppet Newsflash?

dwmckim

Reaction score
It's a shame that Newsflash is gone as that was such an important resource for Muppet/Henson news. As i mentioned elsewhere, i'm glad you were able to rescue the interviews from the site but i also hope there's some way the rest of its previous content can be archived somewhere.

"Is he died?" Sadly so.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
i just wish he would have said something. I mean Im glad he is happy, but someone could have kept the newsflash alive. Now that we have sites that the mindset we really don't need another place for interviews, but news yes we sure do.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
its quite sad top see it go i didnt read a lot but i usally went to check up this means have dropped from 6 to 5 such a sad loss :cry:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wll i tell you guys what. I will try and make some contacts to Muppet Studios Henson and Sesame Workshop, and see if maybe I can start something like the NewsFlash. If there is really a ned for it, what do you all think.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Wll i tell you guys what. I will try and make some contacts to Muppet Studios Henson and Sesame Workshop, and see if maybe I can start something like the NewsFlash. If there is really a ned for it, what do you all think.
In my opinion, the more Muppet blogs there are the better! I might also get more exposure for the Muppets leading up to the movie but the other Muppet fan sites such as Muppet Central that they can join once becoming a fan after the movie!

I just love Muppet sites so, for me, if another one comes along, I'll probably sign on and read it daily (like I do with the Mindset)!

By the way, I too miss the Newsflash! It was like the top dog Muppet fansite next to Toughpigs in the early days! But I'm very glad Greg is happy with his family!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well i knoe more people feel the same I'm also asking Stev(Muppetcast) and Ryan(Mindset) on what they think. I will keep you all posted.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I have sent out some E-mails to Sesmae and henson, and I hope to hear somethjing from them. I know Greg had to have some inside soce so I just hope they will be open with me as they where with him.

Count von Count

Reaction score
I corresponded with Greg last week (as he donated the interviews from his site to be archived on my blog - http://muppetbalcony.blogspot.com).
That's great news! I did have time to read all of them, always thought there was more time:coy:
He is doing fine. Apparently the main reason he stopped updating the Muppet Newsflash was to focus on his family - he got married in late '09 and became the father of twin girls sometime last year.
That's more good news! That might be the only good reason to get out of the Muppet game, I hope in time he comes back.:wink:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
aww, to bad about Muppets new flash! :concern:

I have my site but its mainly Disney (some muppet news too!)

dwmckim

Reaction score
Well as a reminder, even though the home site is gone, Muppet Newsflash does still have a Twitter feed (which is what the site had essentially become during the last year) but it hasn't had much updates for a while lately itself.

But still, it was all the articles and news writeups on the site that needs to be archived somewhere.