Jason Segel to play the lead in new movie

Who is your favorite human lead in a Muppet movie?

• Charles Durning as Doc Hopper (The Muppet Movie)

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Charles Grodin as Nicky Holiday (The Great Muppet Caper)

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • Juliana Donald as Jenny (The Muppets Take Manhattan)

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • Michael Caine as Ebenezer Scrooge (The Muppet Christmas Carol)

Votes: 22 28.2%
  • Tim Curry as Long John Silver (Muppet Treasure Island)

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Jeffrey Tambor as K. Edgar Singer (Muppets From Space)

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters

dwmckim

Reaction score
Who Is Jason Segel?

Why, the lead singer of A Flock of Segels of course.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
If he lived near the bay, does that make him Jason Baygel?

dwmckim

Reaction score
Mmm...baygels!

I think this thread has been both muffined and baygeled. Let's get back to talking about Jason Baygel's Muffin Movie.

...and pass the cream cheese.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I freaked out for a second when I read the last post and thought it had something to do with Michael Bay directing a Muppet movie. Now THAT would be . . . well . . . something.

In related news, a recent news story suggests that Zach Galifianakis is cameoing the new Muppet movie, according to Robert Downey Jr. during interviews for "Due Date." I actually love this idea. I need to see him interacting with Animal!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I freaked out for a second when I read the last post and thought it had something to do with Michael Bay directing a Muppet movie. Now THAT would be . . . well . . . something.
Well, it wouldn't be terrible, but it would completely focus on Crazy Harry! :crazy:

Seconded. Yay! It's actually 90% happening now.

Mupp

Reaction score
Yay! It's actually 90% happening now.
Yup!

I wish that the Muppets Studio would have mentioned it on Twitter though, it would have been a good way to generate excitement.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wish that the Muppets Studio would have mentioned it on Twitter though, it would have been a good way to generate excitement.
I guess they're trying to keep a low profile while the movie's in production. Everything we've heard about the film was leaked via third party sources. Actually, it's like that for most movies.

beaker

Reaction score

In related news, a recent news story suggests that Zach Galifianakis is cameoing the new Muppet movie, according to Robert Downey Jr. during interviews for "Due Date." I actually love this idea. I need to see him interacting with Animal!
Sweet! Zach was on my list of "who should have a cameo" actors that I wrote up. I had a feeling he'd be in it. Im sure a lot of the familar Segal/Stoller and Apatow crew will be in it too.