Muppet Central's 2010 Weight Loss Challenge

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I can't stand Jell-O. Or whipped cream. Or cake. Or candy. Or anything sweet aside from chocolate ice cream. No, my real sinful food is salty stuff. We have NoSalt, which is potassium chloride, not sodium chloride, but I crave it sometimes. I'm a very picky eater. I can't stand berries or lots of citrus fruits. I like apples and drinking orange juice. The only berry I can almost take is cranberry juice. Or mixed berry daiquiris. Or wine (hey, it comes from berries, LOL). I'm not a lush or anything. I rarely drink, actually.

I tend to have an aversion to trying new foods (or even new preparations of old foods) due to ... well ... unfortunate childhood issues. It's very hard for me to try different things. It only seems to happen if it is heavily made from foods I already eat and I'm interested in trying a new spin on it. It also works best if I'm very sick. I start to reject all my normal food. Sometimes I eat completely new things after having stomach bugs. Changes my taste buds or something.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Healthy Choice/Lean Cuisine... those were critical to me when I started dieting four months ago. They're super high in sodium, but they taste great and they really helped me jump start things.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I picked up one that didn't seem to have that high of sodium. I really have to watch my sodium intake as well, as my left ankle/foot seems to LOVE to swell up on me randomly. A couple of months ago, I thought my freaking foot was going to blow off my leg!

So, from now on I watch my sodium (somewhat) and I make sure I'm moving a good bit. I have a bad habit of plunking down in front of the computer, and not moving period for quite a few hours.

And nowadays I get up every hour or so, and do a little something. Doing the dishes (loading/unloading), doing some clothes, playing with Teddy-Bear...that kind of stuff ya know?

Here's a picture of myself in front of our house around the middle of Feburary, the big snowstorm down here in South Carolina.

Me & Snowy House

This picture has me and Teddy-Bear lounging on the bed. I forgot when honestly. I think it was sometime around November last year actually.

Me & Teddy-Bear on Bed

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Those are very nice pictures Sara. Is Teddy-Bear a real dog if you don't mind me asking?
I presume he is, though it's a little hard to tell.

As for me I've drastically cut out ice cream and cheese. Too much dairy product clogs up my throat with phlegm. :frown: I'm trying to eat more fruit and cut back on the soft drink. I'll let you know how I go. :smile:

Katzi428

Reaction score
Healthy Choice/Lean Cuisine... those were critical to me when I started dieting four months ago. They're super high in sodium, but they taste great and they really helped me jump start things.
Yeah..that's the bad thing about Lean Cuisine & Healthy Choice. VERY high in sodium.So be careful.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I've already lost 3.1 pounds! I've been watching my calorie intake, and doing quite well with what I've been eating.

Right now I'm eating 1500 calories per day. That's not a horrible amount. I have fallen in love with Sugar Free Werther's Original candies. 5 of them are only 40 calories! Keeps me from wanting worse items. I haven't gotten any this month, but I'll probably pick up a package of Skinny Cow dessert bars. For a Caramel Truffle bar it's only 100 calories. Or I could pick up Mini Fudge pops, and only eat one; so it's only 50 calories each!

I don't know, I hope I'm going overboard, but I really hate my fat stomach. I was scratching Rob's back eariler today, and I could FEEL my upper arm fat SWINGING. SWINGING like a sack of....well, fat.

Oh my goodness, that was certainly another wake up call for myself. I'm trying to figure out how I could possibly get exercise without having to walk up and down my road...(some fierce dogs always seem to be outside...)

Am I being crazy? What do you guys think...?

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Well, I'm still participating. Let's hope that I've found a good "diet" ... working my buns off, LOL. I love my new nursing job. I'm kinda inefficent 'cause I'm new, but I should find my groove by Monday. Yay me. :smile:

Katzi428

Reaction score
I've already lost 3.1 pounds! I've been watching my calorie intake, and doing quite well with what I've been eating.

Right now I'm eating 1500 calories per day. That's not a horrible amount. I have fallen in love with Sugar Free Werther's Original candies. 5 of them are only 40 calories! Keeps me from wanting worse items. I haven't gotten any this month, but I'll probably pick up a package of Skinny Cow dessert bars. For a Caramel Truffle bar it's only 100 calories. Or I could pick up Mini Fudge pops, and only eat one; so it's only 50 calories each!

I don't know, I hope I'm going overboard, but I really hate my fat stomach. I was scratching Rob's back eariler today, and I could FEEL my upper arm fat SWINGING. SWINGING like a sack of....well, fat.

Oh my goodness, that was certainly another wake up call for myself. I'm trying to figure out how I could possibly get exercise without having to walk up and down my road...(some fierce dogs always seem to be outside...)

Am I being crazy? What do you guys think...?
Sara..you're doing fantastic! WTG on losing the 3.1 lbs.!:excited: And you're not crazy. Not in the least! OK...so the road that you were walking down has ferious dogs.Yeah...thatcould cause a problem.:eek:
Do you have stairs in your house? Try walking up & down them several times a day.Or if your house has only one floor (like mine) try walking from,say,from the kitchen to your room about 20 times & then increase it. (I'm not sure how your house is laid out) Plus swimming. Even if you can't swim,try walking around the pool.
(I'm sorry I haven't posted here lately. Headaches are acting up again.:stick_out_tongue: )