Muppet Central's 2010 Weight Loss Challenge

Katzi428

Reaction score
Got healthy food today...and learned something interesting. I can eat Fiber One original cereal. (it's little pieces of corn/wheat bran "twigs" that has some kind of natural sweetener in it) and it's actually tasty...but I can only tolerate a half-portion of it! [1/2 cup at a time] So....a filling meal is only like 65 calories. (30 cal - cereal. 35 - 2 fl oz whole milk)

It's a good thing honestly. Got some light orange juice (40 cal - 1 cup) I did get some Silk PureAlmond almond milk....it is NASTY. It's like someone picked up a handful of almonds and punched you in the face with them! ...not a good flavor at all.

Got lots of fruits and veggies too. Need to get some frozen fruit at Walmart, for smoothies. Along with some yogurt too.

Down to 234.5 now. Lost another 1.2 pounds. Yay me. And...not to brag (I hate to sound like I'm doing that.) I've not even been exercising much. Or at least not going out of my way to exercise. I do walk close to 1/4 mile every morning going through the Lexington Medical Center Extended Care building to deliver papers. Well, 6 out of 7 days now.
Excellent,Sara! And walking is exercise. I walk twice a day through my neighborhood ( at least when it's not as hot as blazes.:wink: Then I walk around my house several times.)
Thanks for the info about the almond Silk tasting so nasty.:stick_out_tongue: I was going to get it (even though I don't normally drink soy milk) just to see what it tasted like.
Enjoy the smoothies!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Aldi's had a wonderful sale going on for their "Fit & Active" brand of diet products. Went and got more groceries! :smile: I'm doing good with my bit of exercise every morning: Lifting bundles of papers which are close to 5-10 lbs multiple times, throwing papers out both windows, and then walking the 1/4 mile throughout the retirement home.

I'm down to 230.2 lbs! I'm officially lower then my wedding weight! (wedding day I was 231 lbs!)

Katzi428

Reaction score
Aldi's had a wonderful sale going on for their "Fit & Active" brand of diet products. Went and got more groceries! :smile: I'm doing good with my bit of exercise every morning: Lifting bundles of papers which are close to 5-10 lbs multiple times, throwing papers out both windows, and then walking the 1/4 mile throughout the retirement home.

I'm down to 230.2 lbs! I'm officially lower then my wedding weight! (wedding day I was 231 lbs!)
Good going Sara! You must be proud of yourself,huh?:wink:

This upcoming week will be kind of tough to stick to my diet. My niece & her other grandmother are coming here for a week. I'm going to do my best to stick to my diet. I was proud of myself the other day though. I was over a friend's house & she offered me a Kit Kat candy bar. At first I was going to take it. But then I told her,"I'm on a diet." She told me again that I should have it. I insisted that I didn't want it.
(Now if it was a Reeses' Peanut Butter Cup...........
I would have had to say no but kicked myself in the butt because under normal circumstances I'm a chocolate with peanut butter addict!)

Katzi428

Reaction score
Er...uh....
PLEASEforgive me!
I jumped off the diet bandwagon while we had company! I couldn't help it!We went out to dinner pretty often.Plus my niece was involved in making pizza (this was part of an an intergenerational thing the grandparents & grandkids did down here while my niece & her other grandmother were here) I'm being good now I promise!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't even realize this many posts had happened since I last visited this thread. Haven't done much in the weight department, but I'm starting some stretching exercises to ease the tension on muscles that are a bit overcontracted, plus I learned I really like mixed berry smoothies, and I normally despise fruit, but mixed berry isn't as sweet, so I can drink 8oz of the stuff now without gagging. :smile: Right now my main goal isn't weight loss (as I'm still in my goal target range), but rehabilitating my joints and muscles and nerves from being out of whack for so long.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I've completely fallen down now, in my area they are holding tryouts for "The Biggest Loser" for their Season 11. (They are still taping season 10 right now.) I'm honestly hoping I get picked!

I probably won't, but it doesn't hurt to try it. Wish me luck!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I wish you luck, but be careful. I'm not entirely convinced it's a good idea to drop weight and exercise so hardcore under a deadline. Yes, I know the contestants need to lose weight, but there is some disagreement in the medical field whether this is a great idea. Still, if it helps you without repurcussion, I say go for it.

Katzi428

Reaction score
I've completely fallen down now, in my area they are holding tryouts for "The Biggest Loser" for their Season 11. (They are still taping season 10 right now.) I'm honestly hoping I get picked!

Wow! Good luck Sara!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score

Good luck Sara.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Er...uh....
PLEASEforgive me!
I jumped off the diet bandwagon while we had company! I couldn't help it!We went out to dinner pretty often.Plus my niece was involved in making pizza (this was part of an an intergenerational thing the grandparents & grandkids did down here while my niece & her other grandmother were here) I'm being good now I promise!
It happens to the best of us sometimes Kathy. I lashed out when we had a visiting relative awhile ago and my weight rose up to 111.6. But I'm going down again and I've hit a new positive record. 111.2 and I'm still trying hard. Don't give up.