Muppet Central's 2010 Weight Loss Challenge

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Supposedly, breaks are mandatory ... but how does one eat and get work done? It was always something. I try to eat a big meal at lunch before going to work when I'm working my usual afternoon shift ... but I just simply never got the opportunity to eat yesterday.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Supposedly, breaks are mandatory ... but how does one eat and get work done? It was always something. I try to eat a big meal at lunch before going to work when I'm working my usual afternoon shift ... but I just simply never got the opportunity to eat yesterday.
concerned sigh Wish I knew what to tell you. All I can say is do the best you can,OK?

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Oh, there's nothing that can be done. Sometimes, emergencies just means one must sacrifice for others (not to sound so high-and-mighty, but I do try to put others' needs first -- more or less). I do value the skills I learned yesterday, so ... there's that. And I was praised for my first real emergency. I didn't freak. I just stayed the course until relief came. I'm happy.

Just not at the time, LOL. :smile:

Katzi428

Reaction score
Oh, there's nothing that can be done. Sometimes, emergencies just means one must sacrifice for others (not to sound so high-and-mighty, but I do try to put others' needs first -- more or less). I do value the skills I learned yesterday, so ... there's that. And I was praised for my first real emergency. I didn't freak. I just stayed the course until relief came. I'm happy.

Just not at the time, LOL. :smile:
Oh..you're not sounding high & mighty at all! .And as a nurse,you're supposed to put your needs on the back burner in times of a crisis like yesterday's. (I'm glad you got praise! I would have freaked out! :eek: I'm proud of you though! Good going! )

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Measurements:

Height: 65 inches [5 feet, 5 inches]

(No, I didn't suddenly grow 2 inches. I actually found out I hadn't been measured in my height properly since I was 18. Apparently I had one last growth spurt between the ages of 19-now of 2.25 inches, making me an even 5 feet, 5 inches in height.)

Weight: 235.7 lbs

I've lost 19.3 pounds since I've started dieting! And I'm aiming to lose more!

Katzi428

Reaction score
Measurements:

(No, I didn't suddenly grow 2 inches. I actually found out I hadn't been measured in my height properly since I was 18. Apparently I had one last growth spurt between the ages of 19-now of 2.25 inches, making me an even 5 feet, 5 inches in height.)

Great,Sara! Keep it up!:smile: (or down...I should say,regarding the weight.)

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Ran 7.7 miles last night in 58 minutes....Did 4.1 miles this evening and stopped because I was getting to hungry.......

I'm only running because I've become addicted to it.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Ran 7.7 miles last night in 58 minutes....Did 4.1 miles this evening and stopped because I was getting to hungry.......

I'm only running because I've become addicted to it.
Better to be addicted to running than addicted to bad stuff if you know what I mean.:wink: Good going Ryan!:smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Measurements:

That's great work Sara.:excited:

I had a surprise when I was weighed at the gym today. I hadn't exercised for 5 days while I was visiting my relatives in Brisbane and thought I would have surely gone back up a little in weight. But I had gone down instead.:big_grin:

From 111.4 to 111.3. Admittedly 0.1 isn't too spectacular but still to have gone down at all after being away from my regular gym routine is something to be awed at in itself.:smile:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Got healthy food today...and learned something interesting. I can eat Fiber One original cereal. (it's little pieces of corn/wheat bran "twigs" that has some kind of natural sweetener in it) and it's actually tasty...but I can only tolerate a half-portion of it! [1/2 cup at a time] So....a filling meal is only like 65 calories. (30 cal - cereal. 35 - 2 fl oz whole milk)

It's a good thing honestly. Got some light orange juice (40 cal - 1 cup) I did get some Silk PureAlmond almond milk....it is NASTY. It's like someone picked up a handful of almonds and punched you in the face with them! ...not a good flavor at all.

Got lots of fruits and veggies too. Need to get some frozen fruit at Walmart, for smoothies. Along with some yogurt too.

Down to 234.5 now. Lost another 1.2 pounds. Yay me. And...not to brag (I hate to sound like I'm doing that.) I've not even been exercising much. Or at least not going out of my way to exercise. I do walk close to 1/4 mile every morning going through the Lexington Medical Center Extended Care building to deliver papers. Well, 6 out of 7 days now.