Who is Lionsgate associated with?

ISNorden

Reaction score
I was pretty shocked to hear about Lionsgate pulling the clip with Big Bird learning about Mr. Hooper's death...especially since Hoopersghost didn't use the 20th anniversary special as a source, he got it from the episode (#1839) where it aired originally. Just in case those so-and-so's get DVD rights to any more Sesame compilations, I'm thinking of adding a disclaimer to my own uploads: "The following clip is from a fan-made recording of episode <number> and is the copyrighted property of Sesame Workshop. No other group's DVD rights should apply to this source."

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I'm wondering about my having Big Bird's birthday special posted on YouTube...

I doubt this one would be released on DVD anytime, and if it was and Lionsgate distributed it, and removed my vids, I'm wondering if I should dispute it, because SW is actually letting me the special posted, so long as they receive the statistics.
You don't have to worry. The only Sesame things produced by Henson are 20 and Still Counting and Elmo in Grouchland. I'm cureous, did you get the DVD yet? I plan on getting it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was pretty shocked to hear about Lionsgate pulling the clip with Big Bird learning about Mr. Hooper's death...especially since Hoopersghost didn't use the 20th anniversary special as a source, he got it from the episode (#1839) where it aired originally. Just in case those so-and-so's get DVD rights to any more Sesame compilations, I'm thinking of adding a disclaimer to my own uploads: "The following clip is from a fan-made recording of episode <number> and is the copyrighted property of Sesame Workshop. No other group's DVD rights should apply to this source."
Canal Plus took down an episode of Goof Troop for apparently airing the program for a brief period of time in the 90's. WMG took down part 1 of every Darkwing Duck episode posted because they released the theme song on an old, completely out of print, CD almost 10 years ago. Not even Disney did this. I've heard stranger.

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
Yeah, I do not like WMG.

Canal Plus took down an episode of Goof Troop for apparently airing the program for a brief period of time in the 90's. WMG took down part 1 of every Darkwing Duck episode posted because they released the theme song on an old, completely out of print, CD almost 10 years ago. Not even Disney did this. I've heard stranger.
Yeah, The Toonstune CD from Warner Bros. Records. WMG has suspended alot of user's accounts. WMG also claimed "The Rainbow Connection" from the Muppet Movie. This could be the reason why BobthePizzaBoy got suspended from Youtube. Also, WMG claimed part 3 of Disney's Sing-Along Song: Friend Like Me. Because they claimed the song, "A Whole New World" from Disney's Aladdin. And the user (OKWhattimeisitIsBack) was suspended from Youtube. OKWhattimeisitIsBack also posted Sesame Street Play-Along Games & Songs. I loved it until it got removed from Youtube (due to account suspension). But he is back as TheOKWhattimeisit. I hope he will repost Play-Along Games & Songs. Because I do remember the 60-second game where Big Bird ask Forgetful Jones some questions before the clock reaches zero. Forgetful Jones passes all the question and he thinks he won (Because, he forgotten everything).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have thought of something... And I don't feel right in suggesting this... But there is a YouTube feature where videos can only be viewed by people who have the video link. So if somebody posted copyrighted material from companies known to remove stuff they own, I wonder if they'd get caught if they made them private and only accessible to people with the links (so, for example, they could probably post a link on a fan forum or social networkign site, and those who see the link could view it. of course once somebody has the link they can easily share it with anybody anywhere).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, The Toonstune CD from Warner Bros. Records. WMG has suspended alot of user's accounts. WMG also claimed "The Rainbow Connection" from the Muppet Movie. This could be the reason why BobthePizzaBoy got suspended from Youtube. Also, WMG claimed part 3 of Disney's Sing-Along Song: Friend Like Me. Because they claimed the song, "A Whole New World" from Disney's Aladdin.
WMG has got to be the SOUREST bully on all of YT. Talk about your sore losers.

We ALL know what happened with them. YT offered them a generous amount of ad revenue, but WMG (being the voracious ogres they are) whined and moaned that it wasn't enough and made sure to RUIN it for everyone else because the little babies didn't get exactly what they wanted, which would NOT HAVE GONE to the artists that wrote the music. Not a thin dime. Rationalizing it by saying "HEY! It's on an old obscure CD that's long out of print that we had to pay OTHER companies to use, so therefore, it belongs to us. Nyeh!"

I hope the head of WMG gets Eisnered out and they can renegotiate like grown up, mature adults.

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
I hope Sesame Workshop sues Lionsgate and The Walt Disney Company sues WMG.

WMG has got to be the SOUREST bully on all of YT. Talk about your sore losers.

We ALL know what happened with them. YT offered them a generous amount of ad revenue, but WMG (being the voracious ogres they are) whined and moaned that it wasn't enough and made sure to RUIN it for everyone else because the little babies didn't get exactly what they wanted, which would NOT HAVE GONE to the artists that wrote the music. Not a thin dime. Rationalizing it by saying "HEY! It's on an old obscure CD that's long out of print that we had to pay OTHER companies to use, so therefore, it belongs to us. Nyeh!"

I hope the head of WMG gets Eisnered out and they can renegotiate like grown up, mature adults.
Yeah, And it is making me angry. Lionsgate has ruiend Sesame Workshop, and WMG has ruiend The Walt Disney Company. I think Bob Cavallo is angry Edgar Bronfman Jr. After all, Here are the Sesame Street uploaders on Youtube that were suspended by Lionsgate:
AndrewT3660 (I think)
500Bennu

And the Disney uploaders on Youtube that were suspended by Warner Music Group (WMG):
ToonDisneyJunk
JerseyJ2008
RetroToonFan
ChipNDaleRR
OKWhattimeisitIsBack
DarkDragon7707
JohnnyV418
Videos4Everybody
MartinStone21
and many others....

And that makes me mad.:mad::eek::boo:

Also, WMG has claimed the theme to "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?" Because they were thinking of the cartoon show that aired on The Fox-Box in 1994 called, "Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego?" And that is wrong, too. And VGCF got banned because of that. You see, He posted "The Gateway Getaway." And part 3 was blocked due to a copyright claim by WMG. And then he dispute the claim with help from GameShowNetwork. But then in a few days, It was again, blocked and VGCF's account was suspended.

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
Look what has happened to Autismismylife

I just found out his Part 5 of Sesame Street Learning About Numbers and Part 3 of Sesame Street The Great Numbers Game videos were blocked by Lionsgate Entertainment because of The King of Eight. And that means AustismismyLife has 2 warning strikes. And that means if he gets one more strike, His account will be deleted from Youtube. :mad::eek::boo:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Yeah, And it is making me angry. Lionsgate has ruiend Sesame Workshop, and WMG has ruiend The Walt Disney Company.
I don't think Lionsgate really "ruined" Sesame Workshop. I'm pretty sure that all clips Sesame Workshop uploaded that can be found in "Sesame Street: 20 and Still Counting" and "Henson's Place" are still available on the SesameStreet YouTube channel. I haven't checked in awhile but I'm sure we can still view The King of Eight, The Word is No, Pinball Animation #7, Rubber Duckie, and others on YouTube, as long as Sesame Workshop uploaded the clips.

I'd say those companies ruined the fans who wanted to upload the clips more than they ruined the actual copyright holders.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So let me get this straight... Disney licensed the theme to at least one of its shows to Warner Music Group? Didn't Disney have its own record label at the time? And the licensed at least one of its songs to a record company owned by rival WB?