Muppets Lost Promos

ploobis

Reaction score
I feel like Carl should get the part of the Smoke Monster because he is a Monster. :wink:

dmoss

Reaction score
I totally loved this video! I love me some Pepe these days...he cracks me up, and so does Bobo! Even Big Mean Carl was pretty "on" through this one! :big_grin: So exciting...I really hope we get to see more of the side characters in the viral form! :zany:

Frogster

Reaction score
The Kermit one is the worst... I wish I could stop thinking "Jim would have done it differently" after 20 years but I can't and that's why. Also, I seem to remember a video where Jim, Frank and Michael Frith were talking about how to perform Kermit, and Jim said you need to operate Kermit at a slight angle, otherwise Kermit kinda looks like a duck... guess what? Steve does the duck face.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I find the Muppet videos to be the best thing about Lost and Steve does a fantastic job. :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
What Kermit one? :confused:
Here's the Kermit segment. Still didn't get me interested in watching the program and aside from steering clear of reality TV I'm fairly liberal about what I watch.

I've followed my friends' discussions about the program and the somewhat ambiguous ending is pretty much what I expected it would be. The show's really about the character journeys anyway. The rest is mostly Magoffin as was the big red ball/Rambaldi device in Alias. In the end, the intricacies of it all don't really matter and are never sufficiently explained. It’s a legitimate form of television entertainment, but I just wasn’t intrigued by this particular incarnation even with its stellar production value.

Back to Kermit's performance here...well, there's no making everybody happy. It's officially been 20 years of Steve as the frog and I adore his Kermit. Incidentally, there was substancial knuckle used in forming his face during this clip as noted in the famous Jim/Frank/Frith discussion. The "duck" claim must be coming from a different performance or in the funny faces pulled by the frog at the end of the segment. I'm ecstatic about Steve, Bill, Dave, Eric and the gang working on the new Muppet movie without need for recasts! Woohoo. :smile: :embarrassed:

Oh, and did you catch the Bunsen & Beaker figures on the table?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I totally agree with Kermit's reaction. I'm not even a fan of the show, and I find it a big Smoo to you to all the people who watched it since the beginning. Though, not quite as bad as the parody version of it from Arthur, where it turns out there's a land bridge there the entire time. But I'm still glad I didn't follow it. I would have been TICKED.

But I'm gonna agree again. The Muppet promos are the only thing I actually care about as far as Lost goes. Not that it's bad, not that I hate it... I just couldn't get into it.

Frogster

Reaction score
Back to Kermit's performance here...well, there's no making everybody happy. It's officially been 20 years of Steve as the frog and I adore his Kermit. Incidentally, there was substancial knuckle used in forming his face during this clip as noted in the famous Jim/Frank/Frith discussion. The "duck" claim must be coming from a different performance or in the funny faces pulled by the frog at the end of the segment. I'm ecstatic about Steve, Bill, Dave, Eric and the gang working on the new Muppet movie without need for recasts!
Not sure how much of an old-school Muppet fan you are, but there was a video that the three of them did, where Jim and Frank brought out their main characters and talked about how they perform them, where the voices come from, what the personality is of each, and so forth. It's an interesting interview. In it, Jim talks about how, when he performs Kermit, he keeps him just slightly angled forward, because if he kept Kermit at an upright, straight angle, he'd look like a duck. The expression on his face was halfway to his expression when he's mad and scrunches his face up. He says, "You wanna arch him towards the camera a little, otherwise you have Kermit the Duck."

If you want proof Steve does this, check out the May 14, 2010 issue of Entertainment Weekly on page 14. Steve does the duck face. I started really noticing it when they did those god-awful Pizza Hut commercials with Jessica Simpson... it's not just how Steve performs him, it's how he operates him as well.