Muppet Impressions

Slackbot

Reaction score
I've thought of Boober as Goelz using the Frank Oz throat pinch. He doesn't sound like a Kermit impression to me. Perhaps Kermit comes to mind because of the shape of what we can see of his face.

I can do an OK Mokey, and the two voices require me to do completely different things with my throat. Mokey is a falsetto, and for Cotterpin I have to lower my voice, put a buzz in it, and act like I'm having sinus troubles.

Puckrox

Reaction score
I'd love to hear it. I'm trying to work on my Bunsen impression myself, mainly his speech patterns. Maybe we could collaborate soon. :confused::eek:
Hehe, sure. I was sort of being a bit sarcastic on one hand, since I think Beaker's probably the easiest muppet to imitate (I'm terrible with impressions), but I definitely can impersonate him. So maybe a future collaboration can happen. :smile:

beakerfan76

Reaction score
Hehe, sure. I was sort of being a bit sarcastic on one hand, since I think Beaker's probably the easiest muppet to imitate (I'm terrible with impressions), but I definitely can impersonate him. So maybe a future collaboration can happen. :smile:
I'll see if I can record a sample of Bunsen once I fine tune him. :excited:

beakerfan76

Reaction score
Excellent. I'ma try to do some of the cloning machine bit from the Mac Davis episode.

As for the Boober voice, I see what you're talking about, Goelz doing the vocal pinch and whatnot. I still think it sounds like a bad Kermit with some Oz vibes.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
hi there its nice that thousands of can do muppet impressions actually doing muppet voices is my talent i can quite a lot i feel quite proud of voice talent although it took a while for me to do them mostly:mad::sing:and:batty:

Fraggline

Reaction score
I'd love to hear it. I'm trying to work on my Bunsen impression myself, mainly his speech patterns. Maybe we could collaborate soon. :confused::eek:
Cool! I'd listen to it!:smile:
Well, my sister and I have an awful lot of fun doing impressions together --- but she's the only one who's actually good at it. As for me...not so much.

She's actually really good, and some of her best are Prairie Dawn, Boober, Wembley, Big Bird, Kermit, and Beaker (good gasp). Sorry for bragging here, I don't mean to be a big hot-shot, it's just that I'm lucky to have her as a friend. She won't insult my bad Piggy when we sing "Love Led Us Here" or my terrible (I mean it!) Fozzie when we go over the "Good Grief! The Comedian's A Bear!" sketch from TMS.
She tells me I'm not that bad at Red and Mokey, and they're both fun ones to do, but sometimes they sort of get a little mixed together... I still need a little work.
The garage door at my house is really loud when it opens, and I've made it a tradition to practice my Red impersonation whenever it does...that way, I can make sure that none of the neighbors hear!

Puckrox

Reaction score
As for the Boober voice, I see what you're talking about, Goelz doing the vocal pinch and whatnot. I still think it sounds like a bad Kermit with some Oz vibes.
I actually thought Boober was Oz for an episode or two, and I've gotten pretty good at recognizing the muppeteer's voices. So, yeah, I definitely got the vibes too.

beakerfan76

Reaction score
On a semi related note, Bert's laugh is kinda hard to do, anyone agree?

And Fraggline, I can sympathize a bit. I used to not be very good, but I practiced and practiced (Swedish chef's VOICE is easy enough, but it's his speech patterns that'll screw you up.) until the cows came home and I can do a large amount of muppets.

Wembley is a bit of a breakthrough for me. Granted, it's not perfect, but it's good. I'm working on Gobo right now, but his has so much of Jerry's voice in it, kinda like Oz's characters or Henson's.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
I totally agree with the people that say franks are the hardest although I can do them piggy is the hardest and i can't do pops to save myself :smile: