1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppet Impressions

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by beakerfan76, May 19, 2010.

1. beakerfan76

beakerfan76 Member

Hey guys. I wanted to know if anyone can impersonate any Muppet characters. I can do these guys:

Miss Piggy
    Fozzie Bear (Atleast wocka wocka)
    Animal
    Statler and Waldorf
    Floyd Pepper
    Dr. Teeth
    Janice
    Crazy Harry
    Sam the Eagle
    Dr. Honeydew
    Beaker
    Lew Zealand (Sorta)
    Swedish Chef (I'm sure anyone can do him)
    Ernie
    Cookie Monster

What can you guys do?
  2. Gelfling Girl

Gelfling Girl Active Member

I can't think of any I'm particularly good at besides meeping, "Kissy kissy, Kermie", and the occasional "fer shur" and/or "rully", although when I sing, my voice is at a similar pitch to that of Mokey Fraggle. Does that count for anything?...besides the ability to break a glass. ;)
  3. MeepMeepBork

MeepMeepBork Member

I'm no master impressionist, that's for sure. But I've been told that I do a spot-on Sweetums (his "HOLLYWOOD?" from TMM, at least).

My brother and I go back and forth as Bunsen and Beaker all the time, and I've gotten better at both. I remember reading somewhere that Richard inhaled Beaker's meeps, so I tried it, and it really does make a difference.

I find that the Muppet Babies are a whole lot easier to impersonate. Kermit and Fozzie especially. ...Sheesh. :)
  4. Gelfling Girl

Gelfling Girl Active Member

Oh, and I also can do a pretty good impression of Sprocket's "Ned Schimmelfinney" thing.
  5. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

I can do a little of everything. Though, my Elmo stinks! :smirk:
  6. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

i can do Piggy but after a while it begins to hurt my head

then
    kermit
    rowlf
    ernie
    and Grover
  7. beakerfan76

beakerfan76 Member

I heard about the inhaling trick with Beaker. I never really got it down except for his screams.
    I try to do the Richard Hunt and Jim Henson Statler and Waldorf myself. I usually use them to make fun of a horrible movie or show I'm forced to watch.
  8. dmoss

dmoss Member

My Kermit and Ernie are pretty good...I discovered recently that I can do a decent Grover and Gonzo, though! :super::concern:
  9. MeepMeepBork

MeepMeepBork Member

Ugh. I cannot do Grover to save my life. Frank's characters are pretty tough. Though I can do Fozzie's "aaaAAAAaah" pretty decently.

Oh, and I can do a pretty good Beauregard. "Hey, who left mah bukkit out on duh floor?"
  10. beakerfan76

beakerfan76 Member

Like I said, I can sorta do Fozzie. I can atleast do his signature Wocka wocka wocka.

As for Grover, I basically use a more masculine Piggy voice.
  11. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

I can do almost all of the characters I know, but the one I like doing the most is Newsie!
  12. beakerfan76

beakerfan76 Member

I personally like doing Statler, Waldorf, Lew Zealand, and Beaker.
  13. MeepMeepBork

MeepMeepBork Member

I like to scream like Beaker and duck my head into my shirt. :eek:
  14. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

For me I like doing Pepe, Rizzo, Statler & Waldorf, and Fozzie! But I love me some Beaker!
  15. beakerfan76

beakerfan76 Member

I do that too. I always said that impressions aren't just about doing a voice, but rather doing actions as well. :D
  16. dmoss

dmoss Member

Fozzie is a tough one for me...he (like others) has so much of Frank's voice in there, he's hard to emulate. I like to use Pepe's speech patterns, but he's hard to sound like, too...
  17. beakerfan76

beakerfan76 Member

Yeah, Fozzie is pretty hard to do. Like I said, I can only really do his wocka wocka flawlessly. Same goes for Kermit, he's pretty tough to do.
  18. MeepMeepBork

MeepMeepBork Member

It's really hard to do characters that are so close to the performer's real-life voice, like Fozzie or Kermit or Scooter. The extent of believable Kermit and Fozzie I can do is basically "aaaAaah", "wocka wocka", and "YAYYYYY!" (arm flails included). I can sort of fudge Scooter when I sing, but there's so much Richard in Scooter's voice that it's hard to master.

As I said before, Baby Kermit and Fozzie are so much easier.
  19. beakerfan76

beakerfan76 Member

I've never tried the baby counterparts before, though I could probably do Baby Gonzo or Baby Bunsen.
  20. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

The one's I'm really good at are Elmo(surprisingly) and Big Bird. I'm also good at imitating Prairie Dawn, Grover, Cookie Monster and Bert/Fozzie, though you can say my Bert and Fozzie sounds more like Eric's than Frank's, and my Grover doesn't have the "gruffness" in his voice, lol.

:wisdom: