1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Impressions

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by beakerfan76, May 19, 2010.

1. dinoboy

dinoboy Member

Funny youtube video featuring Animal

I saw a video on youtube, that I thought was hilarious. Someone had gotten an Animal Muppet, and made a video of Animal making a phone call to a local pharmacy. Animal apparently calls as he bought Miralax for his toothache, but instead complains of the obvious side effects on the meds. He bought the wrong meds.
    :halo:
  2. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

Ed Bassmaster. He also did one where Elmo used Rogane on his eyes.
  3. beakerfan76

beakerfan76 Member

I saw that too. He does a lot of Muppet prank calls. He did Grover, Elmo, The Count (My favorite), and a couple with Kermit.
  4. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

oh yeah the count one is brilliant "i would one ton soup not two ton one ton hahaha" so funny:batty:
  5. Fraggline

Fraggline Active Member

Those videos sound so funny! Are they parody-type ones? I love the Muppets with all my heart, but that's not to say I don't enjoy a good (and clean) Muppet parody every once in a while! :D
  6. Studmeister17

Studmeister17 New Member

Check out my impressions! They aren't parodies, just quotes in different character's voices :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDytAbYMtX8
    Fraggline, Gonz21 and beakerboy12 like this.
  7. Studmeister17

Studmeister17 New Member

Check out my video! Its got 15 different impressions on it! Tell me what you think :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDytAbYMtX8
    beakerboy12 likes this.
  8. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

Some of those aren't bad... good effort.

I'm able to do a decent version of Jim's Kermit, as well as Fozzie, Sam, Scooter, Rowlf, Janice, Animal, Robin (on a good day), Floyd, Beauregard, Zoot, Lew Zealand, Pops, Uncle Deadly, Link, Grover, Cookie Monster, Bert, Ernie, Pa Gorg, Boober, Marlon, and Uncle Matt.

I'm debating whether or not to do a video to prove I'm able to do some of these voices. I'm shy, and I have roommates. If I did, I'd probably have a song going so I'd be able to match the pitch to the best of my ability.
  9. xantheman

xantheman New Member

No offense, but I doubt many people could do better than that guy.His voices are really really good.
    I'd like to see your video if you make it though. But if you do put it to a song, make sure you decrease the volume of the song, otherwise it'll be hard to tell if your impressions are any good or not.
  10. xantheman

xantheman New Member

That was fabulous, man! Your Cookie :insatiable:, Grover :super:, Gonzo :concern:, Rizzo :shifty:, Robin, Rowlf :sympathy:, Scooter ;), Mr. Johnson and Lew Zealand :fishy:were PREFECT - I mean it! The rest need a little tweaking, but they were really close. Keep it up man!
    I hope to see another video from you - maybe featuring Bert, Floyd, Kermit, Crazy Harry, Beauregard, and maybe some Fraggle Rock characters!
  11. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

I'll be wearing headphones if I do it, I just have the music going so I can match it to the best of my ability.
  12. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

I can do Piggy :mad: and Grover:super:. I was once watching Labyrinth with my cousin who really likes David Bowie, and she said I was good at doing Hoggle's voice.
  13. Fraggline

Fraggline Active Member

Cool! I'm on a slow internet connection right now, but as soon as I get to a good computer I'm gonna hear them! i can't wait! :excited:
  14. Gonz21

Gonz21 New Member

I love doing Kermit and Gonzo and if I push myself I can do Miss Piggy (but only for a little while).

I will say this. It's a lot easier to sing like the muppets then it is to talk like them
  15. SOTTH

SOTTH New Member

You did an awesome job on these, man! I've always had the mimic's ear and my Muppet impressions are pretty good, but yours put mine to shame!

Side note: if you have kids, being able to do all sorts of Muppet impressions makes you the coolest dad on the block for the first few years. It's a great benefit!
  16. Fraggline

Fraggline Active Member

I could not agree more. When I start an impression, I almost always start with a song. I didn't know other people felt the same way!
    Frogster likes this.
  17. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

I've never tried singing to make it easier, but I'll try it now. (Sings "What Now My Love" in Miss Piggy voice) Wow it is easier!
  18. Fraggline

Fraggline Active Member

Oh, my goodness! My sister and I didn't believe it was you at first!!!!!

Keep it up!!! I am sooo impressed!!!!
  19. Fraggline

Fraggline Active Member

Excellent! It's tried and true. :)
  20. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

J. Henson: Kermit, Rowlf, Chef, Dr. Teeth, Ernie, Cantus, Link, Buggsie
    F. Oz: Cookie, Animal, Sam, Grover, George, Fozzie
    D. Goelz: Gonzo, Zoot, Beauregard, Uncle Matt, Digit
    R. Hunt: Scooter, Sweetums, Beaker, Right Head, Forgetfull
    J. Nelson: Floyd, Crazy Harry, Droop, Robin, Gobo, Beard, Count, Herry, Deadly.
    S. Whitemire: Kermit, Ernie, Flash, Beaker, Lips
    M. Robison: Telly.
    K. Clash: Clifford, Leon, Benny.
    C. Spinney: Big Bird, Oscar
    T. Beaulieu: Crow T. Robot
    B. Corrbet: Crow T. Robot, Observer/Brain Guy
    K. Murphy: Tom Servo, Prof. Bobo
    J. Weinstien: KTMA Servo, Beeper, Mighty Voice Servo, KTMA Gypsy
    P. Branstag: Gypsy
    F. Connif: Tom Servo
    B. Henson: Hoggle, Dog
    B. Barretta: Bobo, Pepe, Rowlf, Dr. Teeth, Chef.
    V. Yerrid: Tardy Turtle
    D. Milano: The Wumpus
    Skelington from Proffessor Iris.
    D.Rudman: Scooter