Any chance of bringing back the figure line?

Sam's Ghost

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone thinks Limited by CAS might re-release some of the main characters in time for the new Muppet movie next year. I figure there has to be some merchandising push for the new movie and I really hope any figures are the same scale as the Palisades ones so we don't have to re-buy all the characters we already have.

I could see Kermit, Pepe, Gonzo, Fozzie and Piggy rereleased along with any other Muppets who will have big roles in the movie. If it catches on, would CAS maybe release some of the unreleased Palisades figures like Sal Minella or Seymour or Bobo?

Luke

Reaction score
Wish they would ... but they no longer hold the license to make them. I hope we do see figures, at the very least Disney store PVC's or something. They made some nice sets here for Toy Story 3.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
If anything, Disney would probably release some sort of PVC set of Muppets around next year's film. I wouldn't expect Palisades quality figures from them, but you never know. Since gobbling up the Marvel license, Disney is learning a whole new world of merchandising - especially action figures.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Problem is, even if we DID get a new line of toys, it would basically be the same Kermit, Piggy, Animal stuff we always see.

The Palisades line was revolutionary for Muppet collectibles... even the Sideshow busts managed to give us rarer characters. But we'll never get anything half as cool as Palisades did. And I;m not talking about the quality of sculpt or anything like that. Just the fact we got characters like Dr. VanNeuter... Marvin Suggs... such things weren't possible and I doubt they will be again. The very fact they even tried to get as many characters in the Muppaverse in was a feat in and of itself. Sure, I'm disappointed that we never got Sal and Clueless Morgan was never on the table, but hey... I'll be surprised if we even see Scooter stuff again, and he's a pretty main character.

That said, I'll buy any figurine set that Disney would likely make.

figmental

Reaction score
If they did make a figure line, it wouldn't include any Post-Henson characters. Jason Segel has said that the only post-Henson Muppet was Pepe, and he only has a few lines. So, they wouldn't necessarily release characters like Sal or Clueless Morgan.... because they aren't in the movie.

They could, however, make some featuring the classics. Maybe a new Piggy, and some of the ones never made (like Vet's Hospital) or something.

Sam's Ghost

Reaction score
Sorry to see all the bad news. Segel doesn't like Johnny and Sal? Boo!

I wonder if any movie figures would keep the Palisades scale or switch to a smaller one like most movie toy lines are doing.

figmental

Reaction score
Sorry to see all the bad news. Segel doesn't like Johnny and Sal? Boo!

I wonder if any movie figures would keep the Palisades scale or switch to a smaller one like most movie toy lines are doing.
I have an open thread on the WDWmagic Imagineer boards called "2011-The Year of The Muppets", and I'm working on a fictitious action figure line to coincide with the new movie.

And yeah, Segel is only doing that because he wants to make an Old School Muppet Movie only featuring characters that people in the 70's/80's with on the Muppet Show and the first three Muppet movies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't see why we shouldn't have a Pepe toy at some point from Disney... he seems to be on some stuff the Disney Store just released.

I'm just saying, I don't expect to see Dr. Teeth or Crazy Harry stuff out of them anytime soon.

figmental

Reaction score
Yeah, I'll agree that Pepe has now become a central character, what not with him being a source of comic relief.

That's probably why Segel has Pepe as the only post-Henson muppet in his movie.

Sam's Ghost

Reaction score
Yeah, I'll agree that Pepe has now become a central character, what not with him being a source of comic relief.

That's probably why Segel has Pepe as the only post-Henson muppet in his movie.

Even though I was introduced to the Muppets before Muppets Tonight and the newer stuff, Pepe is one of my favorite Muppets, okay.

Sam, Gonzo, Johnny, Pepe, and Swedish Chef are my top 5, no particular order.