Any chance of bringing back the figure line?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Johnny and Sal's appearance in the movie is a moot point anyway. Brian's not going to work on this film, so even if they DID have them in the movie, someone else would have to play Sal anyway.

Sam's Ghost

Reaction score
Johnny and Sal's appearance in the movie is a moot point anyway. Brian's not going to work on this film, so even if they DID have them in the movie, someone else would have to play Sal anyway.
I'm really out of the loop on the movie, I didn't know Brian wasn't involved. I'll go check the movie threads and get myself caught up :embarrassed:!

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
So... Post henson muppets... Clifford has a chance to re-join the Mayhem.

Drtooth

Reaction score
What happened to Clifford?
Elmo happened. Kevin Clash is far too busy with Sesame Street to reprise that role. A shame, since it would have been great to have him sit with the band somewhere. But this is pretty much more of the topic of the next Muppet Movie.

I still say, no matter what old characters are in the movie, we're not guaranteed to see all of them as merchandise. Heck, Disney doesn't make merchandise of every character it has. Why, last year they released a Ludwig VonDrake plush, and that was the ONLY thing I've ever seen with him on it, and he's been around since the 60's!

Considering the old business model, even if we do get toys (Plush were mentioned some point down the line, but I'm sure you're not as interested as figural stuff) we'll wind up with the same main five (in order):

1. Kermit
  2. Miss Piggy
  3. Animal
  4. Gonzo
  5. Fozzie

The last 2 being optional and interchangeable. For a brief time you saw just a little more Gonzo stuff than Fozzie stuff... However, judging by the viral videos and new merchandising. we'd get these following characters extra in time

• Beaker
  • Swedish Chef
  • Statler and Waldorf
  • Pepe

and maybe Bunsen and Rizzo in there too... but Beaker much more so than Bunsen.

figmental

Reaction score
I'd include Pepe, The Chef and Beaker as core characters. Their popularity has skyrocketed to the ranks of a Gonzo or Fozzie.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Elmo happened. Kevin Clash is far too busy with Sesame Street to reprise that role. A shame, since it would have been great to have him sit with the band somewhere. But this is pretty much more of the topic of the next Muppet Movie.

I still say, no matter what old characters are in the movie, we're not guaranteed to see all of them as merchandise. Heck, Disney doesn't make merchandise of every character it has. Why, last year they released a Ludwig VonDrake plush, and that was the ONLY thing I've ever seen with him on it, and he's been around since the 60's!

Considering the old business model, even if we do get toys (Plush were mentioned some point down the line, but I'm sure you're not as interested as figural stuff) we'll wind up with the same main five (in order):

1. Kermit
  2. Miss Piggy
  3. Animal
  4. Gonzo
  5. Fozzie
The last 2 being optional and interchangeable. For a brief time you saw just a little more Gonzo stuff than Fozzie stuff... However, judging by the viral videos and new merchandising. we'd get these following characters extra in time

• Beaker
  • Swedish Chef
  • Statler and Waldorf
  • Pepe
and maybe Bunsen and Rizzo in there too... but Beaker much more so than Bunsen.
You never know. No one knew Clash was going to be in Muppets Wizard of Oz. Plus, he said in an interview once, he takes breaks from Sesame Street, just like the other preformers. He could shoot some Clifford stuff in his down time.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
. Heck, Disney doesn't make merchandise of every character it has. Why, last year they released a Ludwig VonDrake plush, and that was the ONLY thing I've ever seen with him on it, and he's been around since the 60's!
Actually they also made this really cool Walt Disney Classics Collection statue of Ludwig Von Drake, but that's much more money than the plush.

Anyhow, as far as more figures to go along with the movie. Well I wouldn't bet on more action figures, but I'm sure there will be toys of some sort, probably in the form of more plush toys. It seems like, at least as far as merchadise goes, Disney has been doing more with Rowlf the dog than ever before, heck they made Rowlf a pin (not excatly one of there better looking pins, but still Rowlf got a pin) and a Vinylmation figure. I would be happy enough for a new Rowlf plush that looks darn good to Rowlf's likeness, :sympathy:.

dwmckim

Reaction score
If the reports are true about Disney planning on the next Muppet Movie to be super huge and on the same scale as Toy Story 3 in terms of promotion - i think it's safe to say we'll be flooded with Muppet merchandise in late 2011-2012 of all sorts. I don't know if these would include action figures but i do foresee some variety in representation. Will we see a Marvin Suggs focused product? Probably not but i do think a project of this magnitude designed to be the climax of a big comeback campaign years in the making/planning would have a greater chance at having all kinds of crazy varied merchandise or all stripes. Dare i even dare to dream that the world might get so flooded with Muppetabilia that we might see another store like Muppet Stuff open?

We do also have the comics in the background keeping the obscure fan fave characters in the spotlight as well so one never knows what good happen with Muppet merchandise! Heck given how she tends to make so many cameos in the comics, we may all end up surprised to see a product with Mildred on it at some point!