Where's Bert and Ernie?

Drtooth

Reaction score
But, how does anyone feel about Bert being in at least one street story this upcoming season? Seems Eric has some time to play him and Grover, but there's just not all that time for Steve to play Ernie.

But then again, we know very little other than the parody segments, Super Grover 2.0, words on the street and first half of the episodes. We have no idea what's going to be in those gaps. We may get some of the rest of the claymation Ernie and Bert segment, we may just get more old E&B segments... we just don't know. But I really hope that Steve at least was available to do at least ONE new skit with Ernie and Bert.

Just like I said with Big Bird, if they disappear entirely from the street, even little kids would take notice. Even the Count is appearing a little more, thanks to the solid teamwork of Jerry and Matt. The only characters kids don't care about are Sherlock Hemlock, Don Music, and maybe even Guy Smiley to some extent... but even Sherlock and Guy managed to have cameos lately.

RedShoebox

Reaction score
But, how does anyone feel about Bert being in at least one street story this upcoming season? Seems Eric has some time to play him and Grover, but there's just not all that time for Steve to play Ernie.

But then again, we know very little other than the parody segments, Super Grover 2.0, words on the street and first half of the episodes. We have no idea what's going to be in those gaps. We may get some of the rest of the claymation Ernie and Bert segment, we may just get more old E&B segments... we just don't know. But I really hope that Steve at least was available to do at least ONE new skit with Ernie and Bert.

Just like I said with Big Bird, if they disappear entirely from the street, even little kids would take notice. Even the Count is appearing a little more, thanks to the solid teamwork of Jerry and Matt. The only characters kids don't care about are Sherlock Hemlock, Don Music, and maybe even Guy Smiley to some extent... but even Sherlock and Guy managed to have cameos lately.
It's good to hear that Bert will be in a street story, but thing is with me is that I can't think about Bert without automatically thinking about Ernie. :stick_out_tongue: :frown:

Another thing, I haven't seen much merchandise with Bert. It's mostly Ernie by himself or with some other character. I bought a figurine two-pack at Target with Ernie and Big Bird, and that kinda bugged me. Why not Bert and Ernie in a figurine two-pack?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Another thing, I haven't seen much merchandise with Bert. It's mostly Ernie by himself or with some other character. I bought a figurine two-pack at Target with Ernie and Big Bird, and that kinda bugged me. Why not Bert and Ernie in a figurine two-pack?
The less you think about those figurine packs, the better. The word pathetic comes to mind. it's like... no duh that they dropped Mattel and headed over for Hasbro. We only got 3 fairly overpriced sets of old figures, and they didn't have a wide variety of characters. I almost got the Oscar and Super Grover set, but even then, they're old figures. I really felt Mattel's handling of 40th anniversary merchandise insulting. Though, we did get a wonderful Count VonCount plush and those pretty good Collect-a-pal figures.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I don't mind that they aren't making new E&B sketches, but they do still show other segments with them a lot still. What bothers me is that around 2002 and 2006 they shot a whole slew of sketches that have aired on the co-productions, but not the American show.

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
In the upcoming song What I Am for season 41, Ernie made a surprise cameo with Will.I.am, with his hair yelled up and one line.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
In the case of Kevin, he's got a lot of duties on Sesame Street, so I doubt they'd bring back any of his characters for the movie, unless they loop dialogue.
I know. Kevin is so busy that, when he directs an episode and Elmo's in it, he prerecords all of Elmo's dialog and John Kennedy preforms him. He preformed Elmo in the upcoming Music Magic episode.