Sesame Street Season 41 Press Kit

Drtooth

Reaction score
Besides what's already been discussed, and minus that horrific block format and Elmo's usual over dominance, this season looks very good. I'm loving the parodies (especially A-Team) and the street stories look decent as well. I just have one minor complaint: can someone PLEASE tell Joey Mazzarino to try out DIFFERENT VOICES for characters he perform? He uses the same voice for EVERY character he does, and since he's a principle performer now, wouldn't it be fitting he tries different vocal ranges instead of that same "squeaky-whiney" voice he always uses?
I'm fully convinced that there's an anniversary season curse. If not the fact that the episodes are all meh to pretty good at best, the expectations behind them are ASTRONOMICAL! This season does indeed look better than last, parody or no parody, block or no block. That is if they fully kept it... we won't know till Monday. I so am gonna draw Iron Monster at some point. Just not for a bit.

Anyway, I agree. I like Joey and his voices are all pretty similar, but the only one that bugs me is the elephant... mainly because I'd LOVE to see the elephant rotate on performers so we can see Monster Clubhouse Shakespearean elephant by Marty again. They have the wolf on a rotating series of performers.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm fully convinced that there's an anniversary season curse.
What do you mean by this? Of course I feel the same about this season as I did season 36 before it began: How'll they outdo the previous season (though it seems this season will be better than season 36)!

Watching the sneak peek, it sounds like Iron Monster is performed by Eric Jacobson, in the same voice as Grover. I think this is only the second time I've identified a Jacobson-voiced character who wasn't originated by another performer (the first I identified was Frankfurterstein in one of the "Muppets Kitchen" videos from last week).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Watching the sneak peek, it sounds like Iron Monster is performed by Eric Jacobson, in the same voice as Grover. I think this is only the second time I've identified a Jacobson-voiced character who wasn't originated by another performer (the first I identified was Frankfurterstein in one of the "Muppets Kitchen" videos from last week).
That's because Iron Monster IS Grover. In one of the new episodes, he becomes the new hero while his cape is getting cleaned.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Wow- an A-Team episode? Awesome!
(I wonder if Sesame Street did a takeoff on the classic '80s show back in 1983 when it first aired? lol)
I'll have to look at the press kit when I can. Sesame Street Season 41 sounds great so far!:wisdom:
That makes me wonder if Mr. T ever guest star on the show ? :super:

Outside of the press release, with only a week to go, Sesame Street posted preview clips up on Youtube.

Here are a couple I really enjoy:

The Hop this Way parody of Aerosmith's Walk this Way (seems to also incorporate the Run DMC/Aerosmith version)
Sort of ironic considering Steve Tyler of Aerosmith did Oscar signature Song for the 35th anniversary. :grouchy:

And another thing, about the Parody of "the closer" tv show, I thought it was going to be about the show itself: where they try to get someone to tell the truth.

I never thought it would be about actual closing on stuff. :rolleyes: