Which 2010 Virmup video should win the next Webby?

Duke Remington

Reaction score
i loved how Sam was brought in for American Woman, but i also loved Beaker's Ballad haha :wink:. Things never go right for him do they? :eek:
Or at least it's extremely rare when good things actually do come his way (ie: winning the 2009 Webby's for his "Ode to Joy" video, getting a girlfriend in "Letters to Santa", getting to singing with Demi Lovato, etc.).

Mupp

Reaction score
I really enjoyed all of the videos, but I would say that Popcorn has a good chance to win, if any.

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
"Stand By Me" or "American Woman". I was disappointed by "Beaker's Ballad" and didn't find it all that funny.

dwmckim

Reaction score
In answering this, i'm keeping in mind that there's a difference between what may be my personal fave and what would be considered Webby-worthy i.e. what sets it apart and makes it something special when compared with all the other viral videos out there. What is it about the video that strikes a chord with the internet community at large?

American Woman and Stand By Me are great Muppet shorts but neither really have anything beyond that which would put them above the countless number of other possible contenders. Popcorn has a much better chance especially due to the subtitles feature. But the strongest choice is Beaker's Ballad since not only is it a funny bit in itself but it completely sends up and skewers the lame comments that people leave on Youtube. That's the element that sets it apart resonating with the internet community and gives it that something special that allows it the winning edge. And just as "Meep" has apparently become a high school fad word, "Is he died?" is destined to become its own trend even beyond Muppet fans. (Not to mention also providing a whole new meaning to "being flamed")

Having said all that though, this may be Muppet Studio's year to lose the award to their cousins at Sesame Workshop.

Drtooth

Reaction score
American Woman and Stand By Me are great Muppet shorts but neither really have anything beyond that which would put them above the countless number of other possible contenders. Popcorn has a much better chance especially due to the subtitles feature. But the strongest choice is Beaker's Ballad since not only is it a funny bit in itself but it completely sends up and skewers the lame comments that people leave on Youtube. That's the element that sets it apart resonating with the internet community and gives it that something special that allows it the winning edge. And just as "Meep" has apparently become a high school fad word, "Is he died?" is destined to become its own trend even beyond Muppet fans. (Not to mention also providing a whole new meaning to "being flamed")

Having said all that though, this may be Muppet Studio's year to lose the award to their cousins at Sesame Workshop.
Is he Died is from something else. I know I've heard it before somewhere. But I agree. That was a strong commentary of Youtube community and how useless the comments really are. From idiotic political ramblings from both sides (I've had an annoying Food Inc rant on one of my vids), to juvenile comments that couldn't be spelled worse even if they had no understanding of the English language (I've seen comments make LESS sense from English speakers than people in other Countries that know just enough to communicate a point across). And worst of all "First comment Lol" and they still vote the video the lowest it can go because that's how little of a life they have.

In a sense, it also managed to mock cyber-bullying (the more anonymous kind which people never manage to address). Beaker puts his heart and soul to share what he thinks is good only to be violently heckled by immature jerks who watch things just to make poor comments on them.

So, yeah... I'd say that one's a little more significant for that alone.

Though I still like American Woman the best. :attitude: