Your Thoughts: It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie Widescreen DVD

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that "It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie" is available on widescreen DVD, once you receive your DVD, post here and let us know your thoughts on this anticipated release.

Since most of us will be getting the widescreen "It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie", we'd like to mention that if you order the Muppet Christmas movie using this link, that a small portion of your entire order will go to Muppet Central to help keep the site, forum and radio running smoothly. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on the DVD with a low-price guarantee. We greatly appreciate each person that helps support MC by placing orders through Amazon links on our site.

chudman1000

Reaction score
Well in trying to figure out what is on the second disc, one site I came across mentions that it is a cd with 9 holiday songs on it. Now I don´t know what songs are on it, but I´m hoping that there are at least some that haven´t been released before.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
So has anybody bought this yet? I'm going to buy it ASAP, I just want to know how the reviews are first. Are we getting everything from the original MGM disc? Any additions? How's the CD? Is it definitely widescreen? How many questions can I ask about this new DVD? :wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Waiting on FedEx for mine. I'll tell you what's on it when/if it comes. :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I just bought it I'm going to put the DVD in right now as I'm posting this The packaging is really nice the back has a very nice group shot inculding Kermit, Fozzie, Piggy, Gonzo, Rizzo, Rowlf, Bunsan, Beaker, Sam, Sweetums, Bobo, Johnny, Sal, Scooter, Animal, Camilla, and a penguine.

Well for the rest of the review you all will have to wait. Nethier the CD, or the movie will work on my mom's computer. So I'm going to go check them out and I'll be back tomrow with more.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Disc 2 is a DUD!

Disc 2 is just some dude singing Christmas carols. What the frog? I haveb't watched the rest yet. So, disc 2 is a dud, but we are getting the whole film in widescreen so that makes this frogboy happy! :smile:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Disc 2 is just some dude singing Christmas carols. What the frog? I haveb't watched the rest yet. So, disc 2 is a dud, but we are getting the whole film in widescreen so that makes this frogboy happy! :smile:
Yeah, just getting the movie in widescreen is enough for me. In my honest opinion, OAR of the movie is more important than the amount of bonus features, which is why I still don't have the 2002 DVD's of MCC and MTI. But I will still hold on to my older DVD of VMC for "Inside Pepe's Studio".

chudman1000

Reaction score
I actually had a bad feeling it was something like that, especially due to the lack of advertising for the extra disc. I figured it would either be a rehash of previously released material (like from A red and Green Christmas) or something completely unrelated. Well at least we know now.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
It was a good buy I mean the box alone with new pics were nice. I love group shots of the Muppets. It is also a really good movie to watch. I love the story, and think that it was the first time in a long time we saw the Muppets be themselves. I also think it was a great starting point for Eric Jacobson he did a wonderful job in this and from there has just really grown as a Muppeteer.