1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie Widescreen DVD

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Now that "It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie" is available on widescreen DVD, once you receive your DVD, post here and let us know your thoughts on this anticipated release.

Since most of us will be getting the widescreen "It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie", we'd like to mention that if you order the Muppet Christmas movie using this link, that a small portion of your entire order will go to Muppet Central to help keep the site, forum and radio running smoothly. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on the DVD with a low-price guarantee. We greatly appreciate each person that helps support MC by placing orders through Amazon links on our site.
  2. chudman1000

chudman1000 Member

Well in trying to figure out what is on the second disc, one site I came across mentions that it is a cd with 9 holiday songs on it. Now I don´t know what songs are on it, but I´m hoping that there are at least some that haven´t been released before.
  3. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

So has anybody bought this yet? I'm going to buy it ASAP, I just want to know how the reviews are first. Are we getting everything from the original MGM disc? Any additions? How's the CD? Is it definitely widescreen? How many questions can I ask about this new DVD? ;)
  4. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Waiting on FedEx for mine. I'll tell you what's on it when/if it comes. :)
  5. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I just bought it I'm going to put the DVD in right now as I'm posting this The packaging is really nice the back has a very nice group shot inculding Kermit, Fozzie, Piggy, Gonzo, Rizzo, Rowlf, Bunsan, Beaker, Sam, Sweetums, Bobo, Johnny, Sal, Scooter, Animal, Camilla, and a penguine.

Well for the rest of the review you all will have to wait. Nethier the CD, or the movie will work on my mom's computer. So I'm going to go check them out and I'll be back tomrow with more.
  6. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Disc 2 is a DUD!

Disc 2 is just some dude singing Christmas carols. What the frog? I haveb't watched the rest yet. So, disc 2 is a dud, but we are getting the whole film in widescreen so that makes this frogboy happy! :)
  8. BobThePizzaBoy

Yeah, just getting the movie in widescreen is enough for me. In my honest opinion, OAR of the movie is more important than the amount of bonus features, which is why I still don't have the 2002 DVD's of MCC and MTI. But I will still hold on to my older DVD of VMC for "Inside Pepe's Studio".
  9. chudman1000

chudman1000 Member

I actually had a bad feeling it was something like that, especially due to the lack of advertising for the extra disc. I figured it would either be a rehash of previously released material (like from A red and Green Christmas) or something completely unrelated. Well at least we know now.
  10. dwayne1115

It was a good buy I mean the box alone with new pics were nice. I love group shots of the Muppets. It is also a really good movie to watch. I love the story, and think that it was the first time in a long time we saw the Muppets be themselves. I also think it was a great starting point for Eric Jacobson he did a wonderful job in this and from there has just really grown as a Muppeteer.
  11. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Widescreen is the only reason to buy this, isn't it. We're not even going to get the long lost Snoop Dogg scene. Other than that, it's basically the same DVD WITHOUT the Pepe segment. So basically, you're getting even less? And Disk 2 is complete fail?

Yeah... Widescreen isn't enough for me to want to buy up something that, while I really like it, I don't watch all too often anyway.
  12. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

What a disapointment.

Why on earth would Muppet fans want a bloke singing Christmas songs to be included with a Muppet DVD, where is the connection?

Chris:mad:
  13. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

I'll definitely be getting this at some point! I've got it on my wish list and I hope I'll get it as a gift. Otherwise I'll just buy it myself.

But I love this movie so getting it in its proper aspect ratio is reason enough for me to double-dip! And I definitely watched the old DVD of it enough times to justify re-buying it lol.
  14. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

I just might get this. :smirk:

I think ten bucks is reasonable for a 2-disc widescreen release, when you consider that the single-disc fullscreen set me back 14, on clearance, five years after it came out :)mad:).

Also, I've been looking for a CD of some unknown singing Christmas carols (and, no, that is not a joke :batty:).
  15. BobThePizzaBoy

Yeah, it's really not that bad at all. I could always go for more Christmas music no matter who's singing... and I love getting Christmas movies - except as Christmas presents (what's the point in getting it on Christmas Day? Then you'll only have one day to watch it and then have to put it away until next December).
  16. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

This is what you do. Buy the new DVD set, scrap the strange CD inside and replace it with the old version thathas the Pepe special feature! :rolleyes: all in one:)
  17. dwayne1115

That is way to much work for me I'm to lazy.
  18. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

ooh- I'm torn here. I love the new packaging but I'm kinda bummed that I would actually be losing a special feature to pick up this new DVD over the 2003 release. I love "It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie" though- probably one of my favorites of the newer Muppet TV-movies of recent (though I enjoy all of them really:))- and widescreen is a nice option. I just don't know if I can justify spending ten bucks on this when I could use that for something else. (I resisted the urge to just grab it up at Wal-Mart the other day- I had to research it some more first to see what the reviews are. And those have been helpful, but...I'm still thinking on it. Maybe eventually...):concern::search:
  19. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

So...it's the same as the 2003 dvd release, minus the Inside The Actor's Guild spoof with Pepe? And with a random throwaway Christmas carol cd with no relation... hmmm

It's like, I never rebought the Muppet movie when Disney released it, as they stripped the dvd of all the cool bonus features/deleted scenes from the original dvd release(well they added the Pepe spotlight, but other than that not much else)

I got Letters To Santa(which I love!), the first time Very Muppet Movie dvd, Kermit Swamp Years, Ed Sullivan and the Muppets dvd, Muppet Show Season 1-3 *all* as soon as they came out. But sadly I just don't see much reason to buy this.

Maybe if it had new deleted scenes, featurettes, longer cut, *something* I might prefer widescreen, but I can live with full screen.
  20. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

It's too much worek to stick a DVD in the case's CD slot? M'kay. :crazy:

At 10 bucks I think it's worth it for the widescreen. More Muppety goodness in the corners and room for the frame to breathe. :cool: