We Have a Picture of Walter AND MORE NEWS!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Hmm... "production office phone 818-560-3500". Is that the number that fans have tried calling to get info on Muppets Studios?

Ha ha, "wetting down of the street". Muppets singing in the rain perhaps?

I have high hopes for this film! We love Jason on HIMYM, and I love that he loves the Muppet(t?)s and wants them to achieve their former glory. Someone on Jason's FB page said they work at the studio where they're recording the soundtrack, I really hope there'll be RC-type songs in this new flick!

And as I said before... ROWLF!
:smile:
Anthony

Drtooth

Reaction score
My issue with the title is the conflation with the brand, especially if it tanks in the public eye as someone quipped the other day on here. "Oh, I hate the Muppets"..."wait, do you mean in general or the new movie?" I definitely believe, just like with Star Wars and Indiana Jones, there needs to be an actual title
I don't think the title should have been "The Greatest Muppet Movie of All Time Ever, Bro! It's gonna be Legen....wait for it... Dary!" but I really seem to dislike the generic title of "The Muppets." Seems to me like the logo for the film will be a piece of manila masking take with the name scribbled on it in permanent marker. I'd say something like "The Great Muppet Comeback: Scramble for Muppet Studio." Just not that one specifically. I'd almost suggest "The Muppets NOT doing another prexisting Story" or "The Muppets don't have Tim Hill to ruin this one," Or "Eat it, Henson! When is that Fraggle Movie due out again? The 32nd of NEVER?"

Mupp

Reaction score
I don't think the title should have been "The Greatest Muppet Movie of All Time Ever, Bro! It's gonna be Legen....wait for it... Dary!" but I really seem to dislike the generic title of "The Muppets."
Its still early. There is always a chance that the title could change.

beaker

Reaction score
...to "The MuppetTs" :wink:
I want a shirt that says "Where's dey Muffins Kermen?"

I don't think the title should have been "The Greatest Muppet Movie of All Time Ever, Bro! It's gonna be Legen....wait for it... Dary!" but I really seem to dislike the generic title of "The Muppets." Seems to me like the logo for the film will be a piece of manila masking take with the name scribbled on it in permanent marker. I'd say something like "The Great Muppet Comeback: Scramble for Muppet Studio." Just not that one specifically. I'd almost suggest "The Muppets NOT doing another prexisting Story" or "The Muppets don't have Tim Hill to ruin this one," Or "Eat it, Henson! When is that Fraggle Movie due out again? The 32nd of NEVER?"
ha! ya crack me up. Yeah in the AICN talk back section, they go on and on with spoof names for announced sequels/reboots/remakes, which are pretty funny usually.

Some alternate titles:

"The Muppets Are Still Around(Despite What You May Think)"
"Kizmit and Fonzie Save The Planet"
"The Frog And The Furryous"

or simply, "Walter"

But seriously, Im glad they aren't using any of those long titles
as in-jokey and unique as they are

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I want a shirt that says "Where's dey Muffins Kermen?"

ha! ya crack me up. Yeah in the AICN talk back section, they go on and on with spoof names for announced sequels/reboots/remakes, which are pretty funny usually.

Some alternate titles:

"The Muppets Are Still Around(Despite What You May Think)"
"Kizmit and Fonzie Save The Planet"
"The Frog And The Furryous"

or simply, "Walter"

But seriously, Im glad they aren't using any of those long titles
as in-jokey and unique as they are
A presumptuous title like "The Great Muppet Comeback" is also a bad idea because critics will root for failure. Maybe simply "The Muppets Return" or "The Muppets Hollywood Misadventure" might work. I think the key is something simple.

beaker

Reaction score
That one is GOOD! It certainly made me laugh. :zany:
Thanks. Yeah I just have so many people on or offline when I mention a new viral youtube video or the upcoming film say "oh, the Muppets are back/still around?" People by and large have the notion that 1) the Muppets died off with the passing of Jim Henson. Maybe creatively for a time as could be argued, or direction wise.
And 2) That the Muppets are baby/kiddy stuff. Hence why some may find it odd grownups could be into it fandom wise as they might Lord of the Rings fandom, Star Wars, Star Trek, etc.

So Im hoping those perceptions clear up throughout the year. But overall I think deep down the majority of people have a soft spot or affection for the Muppets. Though, I do feel the whole Elmo phenomenon has done a lot of damage to the whole notion of the Jim Henson Legacy, as much as its dramatically helped Sesame Workshop's finances.

Mupp

Reaction score
And 2) That the Muppets are baby/kiddy stuff.
That's nonsense. Its a shame that there is still that perception around.

The Muppet Show characters have always had an adult sense of humor, and are intended for a broad audience, not just kids.

All the more reason why I'm very glad that Kermit does not appear on Sesame Street anymore. There needs to be a distinction between the two sets of characters, and having Kermit appear on both Sesame Street and Muppet Show material just confuses the issue and blurs things too much.

Frogster

Reaction score
I saw the picture in Entertainment Weekly. I think he needs a nose, and maybe re-do the character so he looks less like he belongs on Sesame Street. I was watching Muppet Treasure Island the other day, and while the opening credits were rolling, I just thought about seeing next year's Muppet movie and I kinda got really excited until I thought about how they've pretty much downsized their opening credits since MTI. Even their openings have gotten cornier, doesn't matter how big of a Muppet fan you are either cuz it's true. Also, EW mentions the Muppets were semi-retired, yet I seem to remember a number of fans here FOR YEARS saying "The Muppets Are Back!" All I have to say is, I'm glad I have EW to back my view of how they're viewed outside of this Muppet World.

I know they have good actors and ideas for this but considering the poor quality of the writing and production, not to mention Kat's Corner, MWoW, and over half of the youtube videos not having any real resonance. I thought it was funny also, that, after a couple youtube videos surfaced following the really awesome Queen video, someone (can't remember who) said that the ones following it were already in the can, and that they'll probably do really great ones later on down. Well guess what? The videos are over.

Also... Gonzo and Sam can stay as they are, but someone PLEASE remodel Animal before you start shooting... he seriously looks like a rabid dog. He looks terrible. Also... that side shot of Piggy made her look like one of the disgusting chicks from Jersey Shore.