Brace yourselves -- A Muppet Slam Poem

Puckrox

Reaction score
Wow guys, I'm absolutely speechless. Thank you so much for those amazing compliments. Knowing my reading had balls definitely makes me smile. :big_grin:

Puckrox

Reaction score
How did the live reading of the poem go? Did people get it, do you think?
Well, there's a video online of me doing my live reading, which I shared in this thread already. Click here to watch it. The live reading went well, besides me getting super nervous. And, yes, I think that most people got it. Some jokes might have gone over people's heads (I think the Fraggle Rock references were lost on a lot of them, especially the verse about Sprocket being a dog that can roller skate/work a computer). But besides that, yeah, everyone loved it. :smile:

Puckrox

Reaction score
There's also a pre-live, so it's okay. :smile:

I'm actually performing the poem live again tonight for an open mic night. Should be fun!

Puckrox

Reaction score
So. I didn't do the poem for open mic night last night, but I did do it today for some people and now I'm performing it at a talent show tomorrow night. According to my friend today I went too fast because the words "minstrel" and "peanuts" sounded like some other words... *cough*

Cross your fingers that it goes well! If there are enough Muppet fans in the crowd, maybe I'll even win.

Starchamberfall

Reaction score
words "minstrel" and "peanuts" sounded like some other words... *cough*
Ha-Ha! :smile: Brings back memories of poetry readings gone by - successful and less-so.

By the way: enjoyed your photo project. You have a good eye, and there is an interesting vitality or edge to your photos.

Ricia

Reaction score
This was absolutely beautiful. I actually teared up halfway through it. It's fantastic. You should be very proud.

Puckrox

Reaction score
This was absolutely beautiful. I actually teared up halfway through it. It's fantastic. You should be very proud.
Awww. Thank you! I love that this comes provokes such strong emotions from people. That was my goal, and I'm glad I've achieved it. :smile:

By the way: enjoyed your photo project. You have a good eye, and there is an interesting vitality or edge to your photos.
Thank you! I'm glad you like my work. This last week or two my photos have been lacking creativity a bit, but that's cause I'm so swamped with homework. Luckily, I have a couple cool photography projects coming up, so hopefully that'll inspire me!

Puckrox

Reaction score
*jumping for joy* HolycrapIjustwonmycollege'sannualtalentshow. *spazz*

So, yes, I won my school's talent show with this poem! There were only nine performers, so there wasn't a large slew of competition. I was the second to last person to go, and unlike the last time I performed for a crowd, I didn't get any vocal reaction from the audience. They were actually pretty quiet for most of it. I kept going and kept all the emotion in it anyway, but I was pretty sure I wasn't going to place in the top three. Then, at the end, it turned out I had won 1st place. Yay!

Plus I won an $80 gift certificate to my favorite restaurant! But, yeah, it's just super nice to win something for once. Recognition is nice. :smile: