Brace yourselves -- A Muppet Slam Poem

Katzi428

Reaction score
*jumping for joy* HolycrapIjustwonmycollege'sannualtalentshow. *spazz*

So, yes, I won my school's talent show with this poem! There were only nine performers, so there wasn't a large slew of competition. I was the second to last person to go, and unlike the last time I performed for a crowd, I didn't get any vocal reaction from the audience. They were actually pretty quiet for most of it. I kept going and kept all the emotion in it anyway, but I was pretty sure I wasn't going to place in the top three. Then, at the end, it turned out I had won 1st place. Yay!

Plus I won an $80 gift certificate to my favorite restaurant! But, yeah, it's just super nice to win something for once. Recognition is nice. :smile:
Congratulations!:excited: I'm SO happy for you! And your poem was GREAT! I read it down here & I listened to it up at you tube. Absolutely fabulous! Enjoy the meal @ your fave restaurant.:wink:

Puckrox

Reaction score
I've definitely performed this poem a few more times this term, and a lot of people have been really fond of it. :smile:

You'll have to tell us about the meal! :insatiable:
I haven't had it yet! I'm thinking of using the free meal on a dinner with the guy in my life right now. :smile:

Starchamberfall

Reaction score
I haven't had it yet! I'm thinking of using the free meal on a dinner with the guy in my life right now. :smile:
Good for you and...
What restraint! To wait that long to use up a free meal: whoa!

Puckrox

Reaction score
Good for you and...
What restraint! To wait that long to use up a free meal: whoa!
I know! Especially for a broke college kid like me! I was gonna take my dad and his girlfriend out when they came and visited me two months ago, but we ran short on time and it didn't happen. Then this term has just been so hectic (hence my long absence from this site), I just haven't had any time. I must take advantage of free food sometime soon! ...So, probably in three weeks, once school's out. So far away!

Puckrox

Reaction score

Apparently I'm not going to let this thread die... ever... even after I come back from seven months of absence... :halo:

Anyway, I redid the poem and added in a new verse for The Muppets. Just thought I'd share. (Warning: this version does drop a few curse words. You've been warned.)

ElectricMayhem1

Reaction score

Apparently I'm not going to let this thread die... ever... even after I come back from seven months of absence... :halo:

Anyway, I redid the poem and added in a new verse for The Muppets. Just thought I'd share. (Warning: this version does drop a few curse words. You've been warned.)[/quote

ok i kinda laughed on the part ''travel back to the 80's were you're hair was awful and the president was lazy"

Puckrox

Reaction score
ok i kinda laughed on the part ''travel back to the 80's were you're hair was awful and the president was lazy"
Have you seen 80's hairstyles? They were pretty awful. And Reagan was president during almost all of the 80's, and I don't actually know if he was lazy or not. What I do know is growing up my dad would tell me often that Reagan wasn't a good president, so I thought it'd be fun tho throw in here.

ElectricMayhem1

Reaction score
Have you seen 80's hairstyles? They were pretty awful. And Reagan was president during almost all of the 80's, and I don't actually know if he was lazy or not. What I do know is growing up my dad would tell me often that Reagan wasn't a good president, so I thought it'd be fun tho throw in here.
I Like the 80's hairstyle i even have one myself