Brace yourselves -- A Muppet Slam Poem

Pork

Reaction score
Hey Puckrox :big_grin: Thank for posting this! It's amazing, and you read it so well.

Puckrox

Reaction score
Thanks so much, Pork! Glad you enjoyed it. :big_grin:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Oh wow, that was incredible! Don't take this the wrong way, but it was almost painful in the way it so accurately portrayed the thoughts I've had many times myself, provoking a sort of heartfelt longing sensation. The parts about Sproket and Tim Curry made me laugh though!
Also excuse me for saying so, but I don't think this poem is just about childhood nostalgia. To me it seems to be a cry for change!
:excited: But then, I do tend to get rather zealous about these things...
:smile:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Great poem, Puckrox. You captured very well the spirit of Jim Henson's creations and the messages of peace, love and understanding that he always seemed to try to imbue with his shows, particularly Fraggle Rock of course, but also Sesame Street and The Muppet Show.
But I must say- for a world where hugs are currency, this "slam" poem term sounds a bit violent. Perhaps that's referring to Miss Piggy's karate chops?:mad:
(haha j/k- good job.):smile:

Puckrox

Reaction score
Woah. Such positive feedback. I can't even begin to express my gratitude!

Don't take this the wrong way, but it was almost painful in the way it so accurately portrayed the thoughts I've had many times myself, provoking a sort of heartfelt longing sensation.
I was kind of hoping for this (well, not the painful part). Obviously, the majority of people who hear this poem are going to use it reflect on their childhood, but when it comes to the true muppet fans (ie. everyone on this forum) I was hoping to capture all of our thoughts and feelings for the Muppets. :3

But I must say- for a world where hugs are currency, this "slam" poem term sounds a bit violent. Perhaps that's referring to Miss Piggy's karate chops?
Could very well be! And as for the "hugs are currency" line, well, that's not really a direct reference to the Muppets. All the other stanzas are, but the lines "laughter cures sickness" and "hugs are currency" were more because they rhymed nicely with the other lines. :smile:

That is one of the best poetry readings I've seen.
Now that certainly can't be completely accurate. I was terribly nervous while doing the piece, which reads heavily in this video. But I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm hoping to perfect my reading of it in public, so it goes a lot better in the future. :big_grin:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
There were a couple of breaks and rough spots, but mostly anything that might have actually been nervousness came across to me as emotion, so it was all good!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Yes, I like that thought!
:big_grin: That's what I meant by the emotion coming through. Whether it was ententional or not, it worked!

Starchamberfall

Reaction score
Another way to put it: your reading had balls. :eek: That can't be faked. :insatiable: But often, very often, it is faked. That may sound odd...however a few years ago a young, Spanish actress said she had trouble finding a boyfriend who had as much balls as she had...so there you have the universal usage of the expression in English. :wisdom: