Your Muppet mistakes

Pug Lover

Reaction score
I once mistook George for Statler.

Two names I misheard:I heard Rowlf as Ralph.And Swedish Chef as Sweetie Chef.
Oh and one other name I misheard,Zoot as Lou.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I used to think that Barkley and Alice were regular puppets as opposed to full-body characters, since they weren't big. And even after learning they were indeed full-body Muppets, I thought they were both played by midgets. I was surprised when I first learned that Barkley's performers had to hold onto stilts. The 40th anniversary books says that the reader might be surprised to know that only one person is inside Barkley, given his size... But I wasn't surprised to know that.

When I first saw how the Gorgs were performed in The Secrets of the Muppets, I thought that all full-body Muppets were performed that way. I pretty much figured out how Snuffy worked after seeing the credits for Follow That Bird and saw two people listed. I first figured how Big Bird is performed after seeing The World of Jim Henson, which showed an image of a sketch showing how the bird was supposed to work.

After seeing A Muppet Family Christmas, I thought it was semi-normal for people to sleep on hangers (though I never tried it). I noticed that Gonzo and Animal were hanging differently, so when Floyd said "That's the only way Animal ever sleeps", I thought he was referring to the way Animal was hung, thinking that Gonzo was hanging the "correct" way and Animal the "wrong" way.

Pork

Reaction score
In MTI I always thought The man who lived in Fozzies finger was called Mr. Thimble. It made sense to me. He lives in his finger, hence Thimble. It sounded like Thimble to me. In fact my whole family thought it was Mr. Thimble for YEARS. It wasn't til we saw the movie with subtitle that we realised it was Mr. Bimbo! And we all couldn't believe it. We thought they made an error :stick_out_tongue:
I still reckon Mr Thimble is a better name :stick_out_tongue: I'll stand by it forever!

Puckrox

Reaction score
In MTI I always thought The man who lived in Fozzies finger was called Mr. Thimble. It made sense to me. He lives in his finger, hence Thimble. It sounded like Thimble to me. In fact my whole family thought it was Mr. Thimble for YEARS. It wasn't til we saw the movie with subtitle that we realised it was Mr. Bimbo! And we all couldn't believe it. We thought they made an error :stick_out_tongue:
I still reckon Mr Thimble is a better name :stick_out_tongue: I'll stand by it forever!
Wait... it's Bimbo? Like... the word bimbo? That's weird. I always thought it was Mr. Bimble. Hmmm. Well. There's my Muppet mistake right there!

Puckrox

Reaction score
Oh! I just thought of a minor mistake I always made! In the song Rainbow Connection, you know the line: "so we've been told and some choose to believe it"? Yeah, I always thought the line was: "so we've been been told assumptions to believe in." Strange.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I also had my own initial misheard lyrics to RC...

"Have you been athletes or have you heard voices"

"The lovers, the streamers and me"