A Lidsville movie

Drtooth

Reaction score
OK I'm going to say I actually enjoyed the first Scooby Doo movie, lol. It was clunky at times but the in jokes were very funny and I thought they did a good job with why the characters resenting each other and all.
I tend to like BOTH, but I think the second was far stronger for dumping the Brady Bunch-style self parody stuff. It's stuff that's funny at first, but becomes tedious. Only thing I really disliked about the second was that random pointless bit with that fat guy who just won American Idol. But hey, Scott MacNeil was in it. So rarely do you see Canadian voice actors in live action American movies... though, trust me on this... during one of the army war room scenes in Watchmen, you can see Gary Chalk, and he even has a couple lines.

But anyway... Are they going to make this entirely CGI, or partially, or what?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Lol, yes I always loved that part of the interview. Good old E! True Hollywood Story, back in the good old days of TV. :wink:
I SO have been wanting to see that whole thing for YEARS now... someone posted an exceprt from it on YouTube, mostly about Pufnstuf, but it was removed shortly afterwards.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
And I hate to admit it, I loved him in Zoolander.
Oh yes- definitely. I forgot he was in that movie- but yes, Zoolander is pretty hilarious. I like that one well too.:big_grin:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's a little excerpt from a DVD interview with producer Si Rose, regarding Lidsville.

"The censor called one day, and said 'We have a problem with Mother Wheels, she needs to wear a motorcycle helmet,' and I said to them, 'Mother Wheels IS a motorcycle helmet.'"

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Here's a little excerpt from a DVD interview with producer Si Rose, regarding Lidsville.

"The censor called one day, and said 'We have a problem with Mother Wheels, she needs to wear a motorcycle helmet,' and I said to them, 'Mother Wheels IS a motorcycle helmet.'"
Oh dear God, lol. Yeah those censors could be quite amusing. :wink:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh dear God, lol. Yeah those censors could be quite amusing. :wink:
I wonder if Steven Spielberg ever heard from the censors regarding Animaniacs, because Dot was always "topless"?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I wonder if Steven Spielberg ever heard from the censors regarding Animaniacs, because Dot was always "topless"?
Hmm, you never know, lol. For that matter, did you ever see the pilot episode of Thundercats? Surprised the censors had no problem with that. I mean, I know they're cats and all, but still! :concern:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hmm, you never know, lol. For that matter, did you ever see the pilot episode of Thundercats? Surprised the censors had no problem with that. I mean, I know they're cats and all, but still! :concern:
Kind of like how everybody in recent years have gotten their panties in a wad over The Chipettes in harem outfits from The Chipmunk Adventure.

It seems like the censors never can make up their minds of what people can or can't do, especially as far as cartoons and children's programming is concerned.

The biggest example I could NEVER figure out is this: in an episode of Cow and Chicken, Mom and Dad went golfing, but when Dad missed a hole, he yells "Oh divot!" (an actual golfing term), yet people claimed he said otherwise, so after the initial airing, the line was dubbed... however, several episodes later, Red Guy actually exclaims "What's the problem? What's the problem? ! What's the **** problem? !"... and that was never censored.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well as they said in that documentary The Celluloid Closet, these censors were not exactly rocket scientists. :wink:

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember reading a story where Charles Nelson Reilly didn't want to come in to film an episode of Lidsville. So he decided to go off somewhere to take himself what he called a, "Hoodoo Holiday."

I also heard that Butch Patrick didn't like doing Lidsville either and he always had an attitude whenever he was on the set. Now Butch says he regrets that bad attitude.

I also wondered if censors would complain that Rah-Rah would play football without a helmet, even though he is a football helmet.