Your Forum Wishlist

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Something else I would like to add to my forum wishlist.

Please note, that I absolutely mean no disrespect to anyone here, but I think the moderating department could make room for a little bit of improvement.

Not to start anything, obviously our mods here work hard, with full plates, and stuff up to their necks simply trying to make sure our posting environment here at MC is top notch, free of any trolls, spammers, trouble makers, etc... but... I don't know, and I'm not really sure how to describe it, but a lot of the moderating decisions within the past year or so have really left me sort of scratching my head...

dwmckim

Reaction score
There are various moderating decisions that make no sense whatsowhoever and randomness tends to be the word of the day whenever a moderator does something but i do want to point out that i have noticed that the mods have made a noticable effort over the past months to tone it down. I applaud that; it's not unnonticed. The deleted/merged threads are way cut back down on compared to how they used to be.

By the way - i back up Fozzie's statements about the ads. I will definately take ads on a site over seeing a site become a pay-site or disappear any time. They're easily ignored if they're not your cuppa tea and every now and then they may even alert you to something you may want to know about.

Kind of similar to a button one can hit to alert mods of a request to sticky/unsticky a thread, perhaps another similar button can be used after the time to edit a post has expired and something really needs editing.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Something else I would like to add to my forum wishlist.

Please note, that I absolutely mean no disrespect to anyone here, but I think the moderating department could make room for a little bit of improvement.

Not to start anything, obviously our mods here work hard, with full plates, and stuff up to their necks simply trying to make sure our posting environment here at MC is top notch, free of any trolls, spammers, trouble makers, etc... but... I don't know, and I'm not really sure how to describe it, but a lot of the moderating decisions within the past year or so have really left me sort of scratching my head...
Yea i kind of feel the same way. I think that in a few months this forum is really going to grow, and with that growth we need a few more mods. or even something like a junior mod.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yea i kind of feel the same way. I think that in a few months this forum is really going to grow, and with that growth we need a few more mods. or even something like a junior mod.
Actually, I think that's an excellent idea as well...

Phil and Cindy are obviously busy with life and raising a family, MuppetQuilter is never around, Kev's got a full plate himself, and Ed...

I think someone like Prawnie would make an excellent "junior mod" around here: he's here everyday, he's always on top of Muppety news, he knows just about everyone here, he's the one who starts up all the special events like the annual awards and such, not to mention he's a fair and level-headed, and all-around great guy... he'd make a great addition to the moderating staff.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I think your right as well, and I think he would be great at it as well.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We just wanted to let everyone know that all the comments so far have been helpful and you’ll see quite a few significant updates happening soon.

Keep your forum suggestions coming…

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well like i said i think a live call in radio show on Muppet Central radio would be awesome!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Mostly I would just like for some specific forum rules to be followed more to the letter, specifically...

We have the utmost respect for Henson employees and friends. When posting about an individual, please keep in mind the person and/or their family may be reading your message.
There are SO many instances of the Muppeteers being bashed, ridiculed, and treated poorly by the words of members here. It very much bothers me to see that carry on with no reprimanding or any sort.

Respect others. If you don't like a person's viewpoints say why without attacking the individual. Don't treat them in a way that you wouldn't like to be treated yourself.
The same person/people who say the hurtful things about the Muppet performers and employees usually make posts that are rude and show absolutely no sign of respect... yet they are allowed to continue posting here unfettered. It's just a bit disheartening to see the rules so blatantly ignored like this and it's definitely something I'd like to see changed.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Integration and updates of classic MC elements should be crucial. MC was once the premiere resource for Muppet news yet has turned into an ad-driven forum with a sluggish reputation for reporting current events. The card section was abandoned and the forum has largely become a lawless place where guidelines aren't maintained. I'd kind of like to see such guidelines posted in a more prominent place with a direct link to them on every page.

Is MC really interested in substantial improvements rather than artifice and promotion? It's time to either put-up or shut down in this frogboy's opinion. I'm hoping for the former. My passion to change things have fallen on deaf ears for many years on MC and I'd have liked to lend more of a hand to things and if time permits I will, but there are so many areas of MC being ignored in favor of tinkering with strange details that don't really matter to users.

I'd also like to see some of the pointless restrictions lifted, like the heavy-handed ones concerning number of smilies and exclamation points included in each post. I hope we can add a few new smilies without messing with the ones already present too.

Just my buck-o-five. :smile::wink:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
just take frogboys name away after everything he just said and put mine there because i feel the same way!