Minor Muppets you'd like to see in the new movie?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I would have listed Uncle Deadly but we already have confirmation he's appearing in the movie, which is awesome! Has he even shown up in any of the other movies? (Maybe in the crowd scene at the end of "The Muppet Movie", I guess)
He was also at the wedding in MTM.

dwmckim

Reaction score
While it's fun to dream, i hope no one seriously gets any hopes up at seeing a Sesame cameo. Maybe down the line in a future movie, but Disney's been very clear about how they wanted this to be a relaunch of the Classic Muppets (i.e. the ones they own) brand and are trying to get away from the confusion people have about the Sesame Muppets being part of that cast (we almost didn't get Kermit on the cover of the storytime dvd because of that). Sesame/Fraggle/etc cameos just won't be part of the picture this time. The future - anything's possible, but not the 2011 movie.

But...the sky's the limit when it comes to Classic Muppet cameos. Theoretically anyone from that whole family of characters could appear - most likely as background/chorus/walk-on parts but still present. I have my reasons for fully expecting to see no less than five full-bodied Muppets showing up!

Plus, references to other Classic Muppets projects and moments will also be sprinkled throughout - i'm pretty sure at least one song from a past Muppet movie will be playing a part (and not just the rumored Rainbow Connection)

Personally, you know what's so great and exciting about obscure Muppets showing up? It takes money to refurbish (if not fully rebuild) them so the very fact that Disney's given them the budget and okay to do so is not only great for the joy of seeing them included on the big screen - but now these puppets are built and available and awaiting further opportunity to be used...so just the antsy anticipation of where/how they'll be used next is cause for giddiness.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
A few more to add to my existing wish list:

-Geri and the Atrics
-Bobby Benson and his Baby Band
-Mulch
-Bobo the Bear
-Johnny Fiama & Sal
-Big Mean Carl
-Clifford
-Bean Bunny
-Seymour
-Dr. Phil van Neuter
-Zippity
-Bill the Bubble Guy
-Mr. Poodlepants

dwmckim

Reaction score
A few more to add to my existing wish list:

-Bobo the Bear
-Clifford
Kevin's confirmed Clifford will be in it. Bobo was the only post-TMS Muppet in the fall 2009 draft of the script besides Pepe and he was originally going to be in the part they've since replaced with Uncle Deadly so i hope they were able to fit Bobo in elsewhere.

-Big Mean Carl
-Dr. Phil van Neuter
I'd love to see them too. Carl just always brings the funny and has been in recent projects and i so dearly miss Phil, one of my all time fave Muppets

Now that i think of it, i'd REALLY love to see a cameo by the Country Trio given that this will be the first theatrical movie that won't include performances by Jim, Frank, and Jerry.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
A cameo with the Jim, Frank and Jerry Muppets would be neat, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for it nor would I get my hopes up for a cameo of a Sesame Street or Fraggle Rock Muppet either.

As for Muppets, who could appear. I think number one on my list is Lips, maybe Spamela Hamderson or Annie Sue as a close second of sorts. Clifford would be cool too. I would also geek out a bit if the Extemes from the Jim Henson Hour made some small cameo of sorts.

On the flip side though, I want to mention "major Muppets" who get more than a cameo. For example, I would be really happy with Rowlf got a lot more lines than he did in past Muppet projects. :sympathy:, I'm willing to bet he will, but I'm just mentioning that one.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Rowlf fans will be very pleased.
I'm sure we will be, :sympathy:. One thing Disney (or least the companies working for or under Disney) does deserve some props on is putting a bit more focus on certain Muppets who sadly haven't had as much camera time during the 90s and early 2000s, such as Scooter, Rowlf and others.

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
I hope that they milk the fact that Disney is co-producing the movie and bring in Mickey Moose and Ronald Duck from the Petula Clark episode! All they'd need now is a "Goofy-like" muppet and it'd be perfect!

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
While it's fun to dream, i hope no one seriously gets any hopes up at seeing a Sesame cameo. Maybe down the line in a future movie, but Disney's been very clear about how they wanted this to be a relaunch of the Classic Muppets (i.e. the ones they own) brand and are trying to get away from the confusion people have about the Sesame Muppets being part of that cast (we almost didn't get Kermit on the cover of the storytime dvd because of that). Sesame/Fraggle/etc cameos just won't be part of the picture this time. The future - anything's possible, but not the 2011 movie.
I've never really gotten that confusion. Even when I watched Muppet movies as a kid (for example- "The Muppet Movie" and "The Great Muppet Caper") - I knew that Big Bird and Oscar were from Sesame Street and I knew the other Muppets were from The Muppet Show. I guess I've never really had a confusion between the two so I don't see why it should matter.
Oh well- I guess I'll just have to settle for Kermit the Frog in the movie as my Sesame Street cameo.:smile::wink::wisdom:

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Kevin's confirmed Clifford will be in it.
How do you know? Where/when did Kevin Clash confirm that? Will Clifford speak or just be in the background?

And where did you hear of Matt Vogel performing Uncle Deadly?