Carlo Alban's greatest fear while working on Sesame

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
And let's think on this too: he's playing a cop... not all TV cops are gonna be like Smitty and Hoppy from Sanford and Son, but perhaps Officer George could've been a little more understanding with Big Bird and his plight of missing Barkley, but it seems like he's in the attitude that "Look, if you're not going to be serious, then I can't help you, I have other things to do."
Very true, if you ever go to NYC, the cops aren't always going to be super friendly, they have to be a little tough, lol. :wink:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Like from Home Alone 2...

KATE: Excuse me, I'm looking for my son, have you seen him? He's... *Hands cop a photo* there, he's been missing for two days.
COP: Have you filed a report?
KATE: Yes, yes I have.
COP: *Returns photo* Then trust us, we'll take care of it.
KATE: Oh. *Pause* But I'm his mother.
COP: I realize that ma'am, but you're looking for a needle in a haystack.
KATE: *Pause* Do you have kids?
COP: Yes ma'am!
KATE: And what would you do if one of them was missing?
COP: *Nods* I'd probably be doing the same thing you're doing.
KATE: Thank you.
COP: Look... put yourself in your kid's shoes... what would you do? Where would you go?
KATE: Me? I'd probably be lying dead in a gutter somewhere... oh, but not Kevin... no, Kevin is so much stronger and braver than I am... I know Kevin's fine, I'm sure he is... but he doesn't deserve that, he deserves to be at home, with his own family, around his Christmas tree, and... oh dear God! I know where he is! I need to get to Rockefeller Center!
COP: *Smiles* Hop in.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
One of my favorite movies! And that's a great scene from "Home Alone 2: Lost in New York" - Ron Canada sure had a different presence here as a friendly and understanding cop than he did as the bad guy in "Adventures in Babysitting".:smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One of my favorite movies! And that's a great scene from "Home Alone 2: Lost in New York" - Ron Canada sure had a different presence here as a friendly and understanding cop than he did as the bad guy in "Adventures in Babysitting".:smile:
He was also a cop in Honey, I Blew Up the Kid, lol.

"Where are you guys? This kid's gaining on me!"

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
He was great in that movie too! I love the whole series of "Honey, I..." films.:smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
But getting back to ALF, you'd be surprised, even though there are a lot of people who would love with work alongside a puppet like that, there are just as many who would rather now, and it's kind of sad. In Caroll Spinney's memoir, he writes about a rapper who was brought onto the set in the 70s to do a rapping alphabet with Big Bird, but he kept flubbing the lyrics... FINALLY, he got it right... then Caroll flubbed a line at the end, and when they said they'd have to do yet another take, the rapper got physical with Big Bird for ruining the shot, and smacked the puppet's head right out of Caroll's hand, and it fell to the ground. Sadly, shows like these, the puppet characters ARE the stars, and the actors have to learn to accept that, BUT, the actors' egos get the better of them, and they can't accept that this fake construction of foam, fleece, fur, etc is the "star", and not them.
Yeah. It's hard to believe how egotistical some celebrities can be. In fact not just celebrities, I recall when Muppets were on the recent version of "Hollywood Squares," they rarely got picked. It seemed like contestants were more concerned with winning than giving the Muppets some air time.