Kermit talks about Sesame Street's 20th anniversary

Katzi428

Reaction score
Kermit mentioned that on the 20th anniversary show that there was a little kid (Joey,but Kermit didn't call her by name) saying the alphabet with him & every so often she'd throw in "Cookie Monster". That wasn't on there (to the best of my knowledge) I remember Kermit seeing Shola & Fanny. And the adults mentioned Jon-Jon. (They showed him all grown up on the show as well with Herry) But not Joey.
(I'm sitting here laughing to myself @ a comment one of our members made about why Joey never showed up @ the reinion shows. Kevin AKA Fozzie Bear had remarked "Maybe Snuffy had sat on her!" Thanks a LOT Kev!:rolleyes: shaking head & laughing at the same time!)

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
It would be nice to see a 'where are they now' thing with those people, since the special is now over 20 years old. For example, is Jon Jon aka John Williams still in the air force. Does Fanny still run track, or was that Shola? I think they were both in college back then.

Katzi428

Reaction score
It would be nice to see a 'where are they now' thing with those people, since the special is now over 20 years old. For example, is Jon Jon aka John Williams still in the air force. Does Fanny still run track, or was that Shola? I think they were both in college back then.
It was Shola that ran track. And yeah...It would be interesting to find out what they're all up to now.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Kermit mentioned that on the 20th anniversary show that there was a little kid (Joey,but Kermit didn't call her by name) saying the alphabet with him & every so often she'd throw in "Cookie Monster". That wasn't on there (to the best of my knowledge) I remember Kermit seeing Shola & Fanny. And the adults mentioned Jon-Jon. (They showed him all grown up on the show as well with Herry) But not Joey.
I think Kermit meant that the clip was going to be in the special, not that the kid was going to make an appearance. The clip was in the special, after all.