Sesame Street Season 42 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's early yet, and hopefully when the time comes, we'll have more news posted here... but to clarify with some week old April Fools pranks, here are some REAL facts about what's going on:

What has been reported so far:

Child Puppeteer prodigy Tau Bennett will perform along side Kevin Clash in an Insert.

Grover will appear in a segment with Amar'e Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony of the NY Knicks

and celebrities will include Craig Ferguson, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Sofia Vergara, and Joel McHale.

And some of season 43 will be shot during this period as well as season 42.
The slim amount of info has been posted on wikia

I hope we hear some juicy updates soon.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I hope there won't be any issues and controversies with Sophia Vergara like there was with Katy Perry... knowwhutImean?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Nah, they've learned their lesson... probably put here in a burque or something to appease backwards folk that think it's still the 1800's.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Caroll Spinney said Katey Perry was going to make another guest appearance season 42 but who knows how that ended up working out now, he said that back in October.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Rico Rodriguez and Joel McHale both tweeted that they'll be appearing in Season 42 as well.

SOOOO freaking excited that Craig Ferguson is in this season!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Caroll Spinney said Katey Perry was going to make another guest appearance season 42 but who knows how that ended up working out now, he said that back in October.
Simple... make her dress up like a nun or something. Get her a Disney World walk around and remove the head. Re-film the Hot and Cold segment where she's wearing an oversized sweatsuit like someone who wants to hide their body. Solution!

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Dressing her up as a nun could cause controversy in the same vein as her original outfit *smirk*

In all seriousness, I'm glad I found this thread, I'm looking forward to Tau's appearance.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Head's Up! We've got another "initiative" on our hands, Gang!

This year, they're going to talk about money and saving it (not at ALL suspicious with a bank sponsoring it...). i just hope it's nice and subtle, and not in your face.

Seriously... when McD's sponsored, we didn't have a hamburger initiative....

DTF

Reaction score
Head's Up! We've got another "initiative" on our hands, Gang!

This year, they're going to talk about money and saving it (not at ALL suspicious with a bank sponsoring it...). i just hope it's nice and subtle, and not in your face.

Seriously... when McD's sponsored, we didn't have a hamburger initiative....
Well, if we get "Born to Add" as a song, if we get more math, and so on, it *could* be very good. Telly could earn money for a new pogo stick by helping rake leaves, etc., could help them learn about how money is earned. It has the potential, anyway.

However, it can also have the potential to be really in your face and hopefully they don't try to talk down tot he kids too much, which they might fear they have to becasue preschoolers have a hard time witht he concept.

This could be very good or really bad.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The problem with initiatives is simple...

If the nature and health one were any indication, everything will take a noticeable backseat to a one or two season "focus" (read: overexposure), and we'll see less and less variety in the educational content.

Now, what I hated with the nature focus is they spent TOO many episodes on the same "everything is different" subject. There were some good ones (Rock Band) and some terrible guessing game ones.... guess what they did more?

SS is trying to do too much in the little time frame they have. They only get 26 eps a season, each one about 50 minutes if anything.... now, consider that they have to lop of 15 minutes per episode for EW... and let's say another 10 for some other thing... that leaves less than a half an hour for letters, numbers, reading, math, health, finance, nature, and sundry other things. TOO MUCH.

Now, let's look at older episodes... they managed to talk about all that and MORE without shoving it down the kiddies' throats. Any "focus" they gave to the curriculum was just adding a couple new segments in rotation, not taking away from fundamentals.

If they do a few, 2 or 3, episodes where they main story is about saving and money, fine... if 20 out of 26 are the same plot about the same subject, that's not going to keep anyone, kids or their parents interested.

That said... heheheheh... I'd love to see an episode where Elmo decides to put all his money in the bank, and then gets a statement a month later that the entire amount he put in was swallowed by bank fees they just invented because the stock holders wanted MOAR money. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.